fourteen

friday came faster than you anticipated.

you did not think this through, and the consequences are kind of harsh. here you are running towards your now shared apartment, by foot of course.

the train decided to over load before you could even step foot in the train station. the bus decided to break down as soon as it got to your stop, how unlucky can you be?

"fucking bus. fucking train. fuck you unlucky luck." you curse as you take a sharp right turn. you're sure you haven't ran this fast before, but miraculously you can manage.

"miss you dropped your wallet?" you halt your running as you place your hands to your knees to take a breath.

"this yours?" he asks again and you stand up right, placing your hands to you waist before turning to face the man.

"yeah- oh."

"(Y/N)?"

jesus christ.

---

"your mum around yet?" sakusa asks the young teenager who's currently helping him place his cleaning materials.

"if she was here you would've seen her by now." the way jiro says his responses confuses sakusa to his gut. the way he says things in such a straight forward makes him too mature for an eleven-year old.

"makes a point." he says as he takes a bottle of purple lysol, his favourite. spraying a bit to the air, he lets the smell pass through his black medical mask, smells as good as usual.

"mama! oh- who are you?"

jiro looks behind him and sees his sister bouncing up and down. he grunts as he stands from his kneeling position and walks to greet you.

"who's he?" jiro points at the man beside you. you heave a small sigh as you pull the man beside you closer.

"my boyfriend!"

silence.

a pregnant pause.

jiro fully opens his half lidded eyes and sakura lets her mouth fall open. sakusa walks to see the pregnant silence you made and sees a taller man beside you.

"boyfriend your ass. i'm not her boyfriend, i'm her high school friend."

jiro heaves a sigh in relief and sakura pouts. sakusa leans against the wall and looks at the looks man up and down, as if he were inspecting him.

"what's your name?" sakura asks excitedly. the man beside you slips his hand off your hold and bends down to sakura's height.

"iwaizumi hajime."

iwaizumi introduces himself. sakusa remains still as he sees you smile at the man who's now ruffling your daughter's hair.

"anyways here, my new roommate, sakusa kiyoomi." iwaizumi turns his head and sees the wing-spiker who still is continuously staring at him.

"iwaizumi hajime." iwaizumi raises his hand for a hand shake to which the curly man only nods.

"he's a clean freak, so you know, physical contact is not big." you explain and hajime raises his brow before placing his hand down and standing from his kneeling position.

"nice to meet you." sakusa simply nods at the man before standing up right and placing his hands inside his pockets.

"anyway, i have to go. duty calls." iwaizumi says as he turns to face you. you nod at him with a meaningful smile and he smiles back.