Here's to the BUS

It's been a couple of days since DJ was asked to be Coulson's assistant,  which came to her as a complete surprise but she later agreed to it as it sounded way more interesting than anything else really and also because she would be a part in making the world a better place... or so Fury said.

In a few minutes DJ would be escorted to the HUB, where she would join Coulson's team. She was nervous as it wasn't so common that a person  who you have never directly met appears out of nowhere and offer her a job.

She neatly tied her hair up into a pony tail an put on a plain black hoodie with and a pair of jeans. She slung her backpack on her shoulder, picked up her suitcase and got into the car send by Director Fury.

After what seemed to be more than a few minutes she finally reached the HUB and made her way to the garage or where ever the "BUS" was parked because she still had no idea what the hell it was. 

When she came across an open yard where a ginormous plane lay ahead. It was beautiful. "Woww! This is the BUS?" she half-yelled to herself  as the fever kicked in.

Still awestruck she walked on to the plane and was greeted by six people. Three of them were smiling and weaving at her, where as the other three were just staring right back.

"Hi I'm Fitz" the guy from the cheerful three introduced himself while taking the carry on bag from her hands.

"I'm Jemma and this is Skye" the other woman spoke with quite a British accent.

"Hey guys" DJ waved at the three who just looked a little older that herself.

Looking at the other three who were still standing across the room with their serious faces on, DJ got the idea that they didn't really approve of her.  

"Hello sir, I'm DJ" she said giving her hand ahead to the man in a black suit who was most probably Agent Coulson."

"Its Agent." he corrected me, shaking my hand with a reassuring smile.

"and these are Agent May and Ward" he said pointing to the other two. The older woman just nodded back at me and walked away where as  Ward said "welcome" without clearly meaning so and set off too. 

"Now that you have met the team, get settled down and meet me upstairs in my office" Coulson said.

"But where?" DJ asked as she was new here and didn't know where as what.

"Oh right, almost forgot... Fitzsimmons, Skye?" he called out and three of them who disappeared with her bag came back from the other room. "Show her around please"

"sure sir" Jemma spoke with great enthusiasm. And with that Coulson went upstairs leaving DJ with Fitzsimmons and Skye.

"So... what's your name?" Skye asked

"ah sorry my bad I forgot to introduce myself.. I'm DJ. Seventeen years old and I'm from India." DJ replied a little embarassed.

"Seventeen!?" Fitz spoke up. "Seventeen? What are you doing here? You're a kid, you're not allowed on missions just yet"

"Whoaa.. Calm down dude. First of all seventeen is not a kid and second... I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here either." DJ replied a little offended.

Skye quickly tried to change the subject by saying "So India huh? That's a beautiful country"

"sure it is, but  mostly in the tourist places and everywhere else there's garbage lying here and there. But this is a nice break, I guess...andd I still think the others are giving me death glares." DJ replied.

"Oh that's just Agent May. Don't take it personally, she's like that to everyone" Simmons added while taking the stairs and everyone followed.

"Except Coulson... we think she's got an eye for him" Fitz whispered in DJ's ear which earned a giggle from everyone.

They were now in a hallway with small rooms on the sides.

"This is my room" Fitz showed proudly while dragging his door open. Inside was a bed, neatly made and above it were posters of Manchester United stuck to the wall and next to them was a small tv.

"ooo football ha?" DJ asked Fitz, impressed"

"ya d'you watch it?" He asked in his crisp scottish accent.

"Nope, not at all" DJ replied walking ahead.

"This is mine" Jemma showed her bunk which was pretty similar to Fitz's but with a book rack instead of a tv.

"Andd this is mine" Skye pointed but not opening her door "its a mess in there, you do Not wanna see that" she said laughing.

"This must me May's and Ward's then?" DJ asked looking ahead at rooms that seemed a bit bigger than the first three. 

"Yup, they are and remember they are off-limits. Especially Agent May's cause she is very scary and because we barely ever hear her talking" Jemma said with seriousness in her voice.

"okay" DJ replied.

"Now I'm sorry we don't have an extra bunk on this plane so we had to get creative" Fitz explained.

"oh that's okay I can manage anywhere" DJ answered as knew that she wasn't really the person who keeps her room clean and tidy so it didn't really matter.

They led DJ to a room behind the garage.

"This is it" Skye smiled a little doubtfully

It wasn't a big one but not that tiny either. It had racks which made it obvious that it used to be a storage place before. It had a small table, no bed and looked like it was cleaned up in a hurry.

"It's ummmmm... Cozy." DJ hesitated.

"Its not ready yet.. for now you can just drop your bag here and if you need rest you can just nap in mine or Skye's... we can all set this room up later today" Jemma said noticing DJ's hesitation.

"okay" DJ said smiling and threw her backpack in the corner of the room. "Oh I shouldn't have done that" DJ implied...

"No that's okay. It is your room after all" Simmons added with a playful smile.

"Okay then. I'm now gonna go and talk to Coulson... if you can tell me where that is" DJ asked

"upstairs and take a right from our bunks." Fitz answered.

"okie!" DJ thanked and walked out of the room.

Fitzsimmons and Skye waited for a minute before talking again and then Skye stated "She definitely is interesting"

"yeah sure"

 "no doubt" Simmons and Fitz replied at the same time.

What the bloody HELL!?                                                                                                                                                         -Leopold Fitz