Chapter Three: The Real Story

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BORN. I DON'T WANT TO SEE TRASH WALKING AROUND MY HOUSE." 

***

Sadie felt precognition down her spine as she sat up from her bed. Remembering the promise she made with the young man who called himself the disciple of the author- she felt euphoria down her spine. Why? 

She was finally going to get answers. Butterflies filled her stomach in excitement, nervousness, and many other emotions. She clenched her fists tightly as she tried to remember when she came to her senses that she lived in another life. 

A car accident that swept her away from her best friend- she remembered waking up in a hospital bed with weird memories. Scenes that came straight out a fantasy novel that she had never experienced before. 

Was she day-dreaming that time? Sadie didn't know, but she did know that the dream that she had was certainly similar to a book that came out two years later. And the dream wasn't anything normal- it came to her every night. 

Tonight she was about to see another despicable scene from her previous life, fortunately, she woke up before she knew it was coming. And the scene was somewhat similar to one of the scenes in the book. 

Sadie glanced at the novel- <For Every Flower, there is a kiss.> 

Another cliché novel that is. 

The Main Character, Lucullia dies at the bear age of one. Dies in the hands of her adoptive father who finds her in the streets and kills her after they find out she is part of one of the enemy clans. Then a transmigrator jumps into the child's body and tries to save the child before she dies in the hand of her future murderer. 

She wooes him, cuddles him, hugs him, and then slowly wins the indifferent Duke's heart. And that is the heartwarming, coming-of-age story of a little girl growing up in the Ducal estate with her brothers and her lovely fiancé. 

Sadie had no problem with that plotline. But she found in disruptive that there was a jump from the story. 

The Duke's first child. 

First eldest Daughter from the first late Duchess.

***

*** 

"LADY CHESIRE, THIS IS THE DUKE, YOUR REAL FATHER." The attendant said with a smile. 

She stared at the man, clutching her bag from the Orphanage tighter, and looked at the young-looking, and handsome man with gleaming eyes. 

"I only have one daughter: Lucullia. This little girl you picked up from the trash is not my daughter." 

"Y-your Excellency! That's not true- she is the First Duchess' daughter- She is your biological-" 

"Do not mention that wench in front of me." 

The Duke stared at her with indifferent, cold eyes as he said: "She can stay for child support but she cannot stay within my sight for the rest of my life." 

***

***

 SADIE CHESIRE. 

The first daughter, the first child, and the first heir of the twenty-sixth generation Ducal house of Bell. The only child between Duke Bell and the first late Duchess. 

It sounded stupid that such a heart-warming story could just suddenly throw out a quick dark family history night for the readers. They just wanted to show why the Duke was actually all that indifferent in the first place.