Protection and Possession

The smell of cigars and the view of smoke come from his office as I hear him call my name once more. The sound of my heels echo off the walls that neatly display the Giuliani family portraits. I make my way closer to his door, as the smoke thickens in front of me.

Frankie Giuliani Jr. "The Don" is a powerful name that many fear and everyone steers clear of. However I don't fear Frankie, or as I call him "Honey". He's been my partner since I was young- he's all I know. And though he is known to be over protective, jealous, and hot-headed, he takes care of my every desire and makes it well-known that I have control of many aspects of the business.

The Giuliani's have a large following that protects the family business and they will do anything to ensure nothing goes sideways. The Mafia is exactly how one imagines it: drugs, alcohol, money laundering, murder (when deserved and necessary). Though many don't realize the upside: money, loyalty, a consistent adrenaline rush, and most importantly- the power that you hold.

"Kitten! Get in here." Honey calls me once more with that stern, cold tone in his voice. I know that tone all too well- he wants to talk business.

I step into his office and he's sitting at his walnut colored desk with his arms resting on his lap. He has the top three buttons to his white button up shirt unbuttoned, however it's neatly tucked into his black trousers. His hair is tousled to the side and jet black, bringing out the warmth in his dark brown eyes. His beard is neatly trimmed and lips full, as I watch the cigar leave his mouth and settle in the ashtray.

"There's my girl. The hell took you so long?" He asks me, though quickly turning his attention back to Tony.

Tony is Honey's "right-hand man". He's been in the family longer than I have. He has proven time and time again that he is loyal to the Giuliani family, so they have him manage our drug shipments.

"I was about to leave to meet the Gallo boys, as you asked of me yesterday." I roll my eyes in irritation as he's carrying on with Tony.

"Oh yeah, good. Well I need you to carry him with you." He points at the door with the cigar in-between his fingers.

I turn to the door and an attractive man is standing there in a form fitting suit. He has light brown eyes with short dark hair. His face displays a small smile that leaves me unsettled, as I'm not used to anyone in our line of business looking so kind and friendly.

"Good evening Kitten." He says with a deep, but calm tone.

"Who the fuck is this?" I blurt out, confused as to why I'm having to carry this stranger with me. I may do a lot of things, but babysitting a grown man isn't one of them.

"That's your personal bodyguard. I want to ensure I have eyes on you at all times and that you're protected. I don't want any back talk, understand?" Honey says with his eyes squinted at me. I feel he's trying to read my reaction.

I walk to the gentleman, only leaving a few inches of space between my nose and his. "You tell me what to do- you're done. You tell him what I do- I'll kill you. Do I make myself clear?" I feel the frustration in me elevate as I have another person on my back, except now it'll be every second of every day.

"However you want it." He responds without hesitation.

I'm taken back, however amused at his response. "He'll be fine." I say to Honey as I turn to the door and make my way into the hall.

I check the clock on the wall and realize I need to leave to meet the Gallo boys. I notice a few of our guys standing around the bar talking. As I approach them, they stand up straight and turn toward me.

"You two- let's go." I say to a couple of them who nod, grab their guns, and walk toward me without any questions asked.

"Where are you going?" My bodyguard asks. He is already beginning to annoy me.