A Weeping Willow and Farewell

"Zip my dress, Honey." I stand in front of the floor-length mirror pulling the material tautly, as it'll make it easier to zip. The deep ocean blue colored dress is long with flattering lace along the neckline. My golden hair is pinned on one side, allowing my long diamond earrings to be the center of attention. Tonight is a special occasion, as all is to celebrate the Giuliani wedding with a party held at the Giuliani's home.

He appears behind me and stands silently, staring at me in the mirror as if I'm a puzzle that he's eager to figure out. I avoid making eye contact with his mesmerizing brown eyes, as I know they will surely suck me back under his spell.

"Well are you going to zip me or are we going to have a staring contest?" I blurt out, trying to ignore the uncertainness I'm feeling. He walks forward until I feel his nose on my neck- forcing my head to lean to one side as he's settled on the other. I let go of the dress and reach up to feel his silky curly hair through my fingers. I inhale slowly trying to keep my composure and not give into his allure. I glance at him in the mirror and notice he's scanning my body. I remain still, though I feel my heartbeat elevating as his behavior is odd.

"Do you love me, Kitten Giuliani?" He asks in a groan with his face still buried in my hair. He seems to get off on me having his last name. I suddenly feel the dress tightening from him zipping it. His voice flirts with my name, as it rolls off his tongue in a seductive and possessive way. I straighten my posture to distance and distract myself from his charm; The same charm that made the evening prior to my wedding a night I'll never forget. This same man was jealous and hired someone to cause me harm, all while he watched. Honey is responsible for killing my mother with little to no regret after doing-so. But I must play this game better than him. I need to keep him vulnerable until I can find a way to leave him safely; Though the thought of leaving makes my stomach physically ill.

"Yes, I do." I whisper. The words are honest, however painful to say. He retracts his head slightly, turning to face me in the mirror- he's unhappy. He wraps his arms firmly underneath my breasts, pulling my close to him. He leans into my ear.

"Yes what?" He flexes his dominance, though his tone also has a touch of desperation. His eyebrows look forced together in an unsettling way. I exhale a quiet breath and slowly turn around to face him to wrap my arms around his neck.

"Yes, I love you Honey." I say reluctantly before softly kissing his chin- he's far taller than me to be able reach his lips without me standing on my toes. "I love you as much as the moon loves the night." I smile and watch his eyes settle into mine.

"Good." He grabs my chin and lifts it toward him. He leans down and gets so close to my lips that they brush mine as he breathes. "Ensure to act like it tonight at the party." He lets go and walks to his night-side table, pulling one of his watches out of the drawer. I watch him roll his sleeve up just slightly and begin fastening it. I wish I could ignore the irritation I am feeling from his remarks, but I'm unsuccessful as it begins fuming inside of me. I lift the train to my dress and walk in front of him, grabbing the buckle to his belt and pulling him toward me. His eyes lock with mine, as he's surprised and uncertain of my actions.

"And you ensure to act like a husband this evening. You know: Ensure I'm cared for, no harm comes my way from your hands or anyone else's, oh and talk to me with respect. That shouldn't be hard for you to do though, right baby?" I let go, rolling my eyes out of irritation as I walk past him and toward the party.

Alexandria and the event planners have done phenomenal with the décor in the Great Room. All the lighting is dim and warm. Around the room are tall glasses with black candlesticks lit in each one, partnered with large clusters of white roses that's stems are cut short. The tables have black, sequin cloths with beautiful gold dishes. Even the chairs have gold lining with gorgeous white cushions that make the white roses around the room standout beautifully. The women who are serving drinks and appetizers match the room, as they're all wearing black pant suits with hair pulled into a flattering high ponytail.