Is Jay Waterproof?

Discord Jaya Prompts
{Tell me if I have grammar mistakes!}
#1: Jaya--Perfect kiss, pool party

~~~~~~

It was the middle of summer and the team had decided to take a day off and relax, which was great because they were right over the middle of the Forest of Tranquility. So they anchored the Bounty and went looking for a nice pool of water and some shade to relax in. It didn't take long before they found one and everyone stripped to their suits.

Nya, of course, cannonballed right in. Cole wasn't far behind and Lloyd waded in to start a splash war with them, which he lost very quickly to the Masters of Water and Earth. Master Wu had gone off to who knows where to just sit in the quiet jungle and meditate, which left Kai, Zane, and Jay out of the water.

Kai stretched out on the side of the pool, in a patch of soft dirt under the full glare of the sun. Zane was perched higher up on the nearby pile of rocks, watching from the shade. He and Kai tended to stay out the most, with Kai being scared of the water and Zane not wanting anyone to feel left out so he sat with him. Plus, metal + water = rust.

Jay would usually get in, but not above his waist. Why, nobody really ever knew. So he sat down on the edge so his legs were in the water, which worked for a while. Until Nya called from the deepest part of the water, "Jay! Come on! We gotta take Cole and Lloyd DOWN!!" Usually she would let him be, with water and electricity not mixing well, but today she wanted her boyfriend joining in the fun!

"Um, I think I'll stay right here." Jay chuckled nervously.

"You scared of the water like Kai?" Cole teased him from where he treaded water, which earned an indignant "Hey!" from the red ninja. Jay shook his head vigorously.

"No! Not me! Why would I be scared of water? I mean, I'm NOT scared! Why would you even think--" He started to ramble, which Nya rolled her eyes to and smirked. She'd get him in the water, easy. She bent the water so he was pulled further into the water and closer to her. His eyes widened and he started to splash harder.

"Nononono I-I hate--please--don't-" He sputtered as Nya released her hold and he started to swallow water. His arms flailed and he gasped again as he started to go under. By now, everyone was on high alert and was ready to leap into action if needed. Seconds ticked by that felt like hours as they waited for him to resurface.

"Jay?! You're scaring me! Come back up!" Nya started to panic, just a little, as bubbles popped at the surface of the lake. Surely he could swim? If he couldn't... she may have just drowned her own boyfriend. With that thought, her body leaped into action before her brain could say yes and she dove into the waves.

Being a Water Elemental was useful right about now, she thought ironically and sped through the water towards Jay's unconscious body. It would almost be a pretty sight, him floating so peacefully in the crystal clear water, if he was breathing or moving. Panic seized her and she dashed forward again to slip one arm under his shoulder and propelled them both to the surface.

Everything the next few seconds was a blur as Cole and Lloyd helped pull them from the water. She refused to let go of Jay and swam closer to land with Cele and Lloyd not far behind. Everyone was rushing towards them, it was too loud, too many people, not enough space, oh gosh his face was so blue and not the good kind and--

"EVERYONE SHUT UP! CAN'T YOU SEE HE NEEDS SPACE?!" Her explosion shocked them enough to back away as she carefully set him down on the dirt, face up. Through the haze in her mind, she remembered to start doing CPR and start with chest compressions and breaths. Usually when she kissed him, it was under better circumstances.