•Prologue•

We were running flat out, our boots hitting the pavement with loud thuds and the sound of sirens trailing close.

I looked at Kyle, his windswept black hair was white with falling debris from the building we had just bombed- the Research Facility that belonged to the Government. His shining blue eyes were mischievous as ever as he twisted back and let a small dagger fly.

It hit true to its destination as another tire punctured and the car swerved off the road into the Dumpster, taking another car with it.

Unfortunately, that was our last piece of weapon and we were slowly being surrounded from all side.

Kyle looked at me, mouthing words they would never catch and I would never forget.

No, he seriously wouldn't...

But he halted, forcing me to do the same.

'Kiss me Anna, one last time,' he shouted over the wailing sirens and screeching tires, as the cars began to stop.

'No, please Kai, reconsider-'

'I have; don't you think it's something I would do at the last resort?' he said with burning conviction.

'I love you Kai,' I said defeated.

'I love you Anarchie,' he said and crashed his lips into mine. One last time.

He then wrenched himself from me and said, 'Remember the plan. It's just you and him in the end. You have to kill him- promise me.'

'I- I promise,' I whispered.

'Good, now on my signal, run straight ahead. Don't even look left or right, just run as fast as your legs can manage,' he said fervently.

The banging doors of cars warned the intrusion of cops. We sprang apart and I stood ready.

'Now!' he yelled.

I ran and after mere seconds, I felt an explosion rock the world as I realised that my boyfriend was dead.

And I had an entire Government to topple just by myself.