pt. 31

jimin was sitting next to yoongi in the car, finished writing their wedding speeches as they passed tae's house, seeing jeongguk run in there in a panic.

 they saw ambulances outside the doors and jimin slipped down in his seat, guilt surging inside him. 

"did something happen to tae?" jimin whispered, as yoongi rubbed his back and kissed his cheek. "it's okay jiminie, don't worry.".

- - -

a week later, tae returned to school.

 jimin was relieved to say the least. he was really scared that something had happened but he sighed in relief when tae walked in the school doors. 

but jimin's face drained when he saw tae. tae was pale and he'd lost weight. jeongguk ran over to tae, pulling him into a hug.

 "oh taehyungie, are you okay? have you eaten?" jeongguk worriedly ran his fingers through tae's hair then looked into tae's eyes, as tae mumbled "yes..." and hurried over to his locker, grabbing his books out and walking over to his class.

 tae focused on the class, as he studied hard and took notes, then as the bell rang, ran straight to his locker and grabbed his lunch. 

jimin walked over to tae and yelled out "taehyung!" as tae turned around slowly, mumbling a quiet "hello...". jimin stared in shock at tae, and whispered "i did this to you, didn't i?" looking down at the ground, tae nodded and jimin's eyes filled with tears, overflowing softly, as tae wrapped his arms around jimin's tiny body, silently crying as well. 

tae didn't know why he felt that he had to hug jimin, it was probably his old feelings for jimin overwhelming him. 

jimin unraveled from tae's grasp, wiping his eyes laughing "what did i do?" as tae looked down. 

tae nodded his head and looked away, not wanting to look at jimin as he murmured "jimin, i think this is best. we should stay apart. we can't fix our friendship, i think... it's best if... we keep apart." jimin started to cry, and nodded, grimacing as he stuttered out "s-so... can we still be friends?". 

tae laughed coldly, and looked at jimin. "stay away from me jimin, i don't wanna talk to you, i don't wanna look at you, and i sure as hell don't wanna be your friend" tae grimaced, before walking away from jimin, his heart breaking as jimin collapsed into tears, accepting that it was the end of their friendship. "i'm sorry.".