Chapter Five

☀︎︎❤︎☀︎︎
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ - Usᴀᴍɪ's Dɪʟᴇᴍᴍᴀ
☀︎︎❤︎☀︎︎

Chiaki's POV:

Once I finally prepared myself, mentally and physically, for what was going to happen, I opened the door and awaited Usami's 'important message'.

"Oh, you're done already? Well, you do look so much better!"

"Okay, but what was the 'important thing' you mentioned?"

"Ah, well... We've got a bit of a situation on hand. A virus has entered the Neo-World Program, and I don't think you'll like who it is..."

"Who is it? Junko, or a Future Foundation member, or-"

"It's a Monokuma! He's infiltrating our perfectly secure system! I need to have a word with whoever's done this!"

"I really don't think speaking to them will do any good..."

"But I don't want to cause a fight..."

"You don't have to. How about we just try and find a way to force him out of the program?"

"And how do we do that?"

"I don't know... Maybe Future Foundation will catch on. The surveillance cameras should be connected to the main headquarters, I think."

Usami looked directly at me and put her paws on her hips in confidence.

"Now is no time for 'thinking'. Now is the time for 'doing'!"

She pulled my hand and I followed her along the wooden pathway, lining the dorms. The morning was quiet and lonely, as if there were no one else in the world to witness it.

As we continued our stroll, I remembered the creaky floorboards situated just outside my cottage. No one else on this island knew about it, as Usami was too small and light and the others were out so late that they would be too tired to notice.

Well, that one patch of floorboards was the first annoying thing I would have to deal with today.

Creak!

I winced back in shock. The noise was extremely loud and the cottages weren't particularly sound-proof. I must have been mistaken to it's exact location, and now I must pay the price for whoever I had woken. I waited and searched around, turning my head in all directions I could to try and find out if I had done what I thought I had done. Usami just looked at me, a look of panic spreading across her face. We waited for around five seconds before returning to our stroll, relief replacing our previous fear.

Hajime's POV:

I suddenly came to my senses after hearing an intense creaking noise coming from outside. For once, can I just have a peaceful sleep? I guess not.

I went into my cottage's bathroom and splashed my face with water from the sink before briefly glancing at myself in the mirror.

"I really do look worse than I thought."

My hair was a mess, as always, but this time it resembled a tangle similar to that of Nagito's hair. I tried to straighten it out with my fingers, but came to not avail. Eventually, I reached my hand out for my hairbrush.

"There's nothing there..? It must be in the main room, then."

As if on cue, I spun on my heel to return to my room. I wished I had something to think about at this time; everything around me was so usual, perhaps a dream could've lead me somewhere more exciting. Same old unkept hair, same old unorganised desks, everything was just so usual.

Well, now that I found my hairbrush, I began dealing with my tangles. Something seemed unusual, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Try as I might, I couldn't find the unusual aspect of my morning, so now it was back to being this usual mess.

I wonder what Chiaki is thinking about right now? If I'm being honest, it's probably more interesting than what I am involved in.