Prologue (Short)

☀︎︎❤︎☀︎︎
Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɴɢ Wɪʟʟ Bᴇ Sᴏʟᴠᴇᴅ
☀︎︎❤︎☀︎

Hajime's POV:

This feeling. It's not one that you can easily describe. A blend of sorrow and discomfort, its meaning lost in the depths of time. It's not that I hate it with all of my being, it's just that this feeling taunts the fibres of my existence. It will keep going, on and on, until the bitter end.

This emotion envelops the entire world I've been living in. Rather obviously, I don't want to admit defeat in my mind. I'd much prefer to live here with everyone, with their dreams and goals, hopes and thoughts. Their bodies controlled by an AI...it isn't enough. I wanted them to stay with us, their souls completely intact. But I know they'll never be. A master will never survive without their tool, a trainee will never rest until they are with their coach, a lover will never stop thinking about their partner. As for me, I know I won't survive out there without the person I know so well. Not matter how much I miss her, she's gone forever.

Death.
Eternal death. I think of them sleeping in their capsules. At least, I like to think that they have just fallen into an endless slumber. In reality, the reality that I know I'm not ready to face, I think that they are mind-broken. No, that's not it...I know that they are mind-broken. If I just press this button, then everything will be solved.

Everything... will... be... solved..?