Chapter 2 - First Day of 7th Grade

Today is the day! The start of seventh grade. I have the cutest outfit on: A hot pink tank top, with a denim jean jacket on top, jeggings, and a pair of boots! I did my hair in two french braids, and put a bow in the back. Now, I need to get my schedule. Luckily, the main office is just ahead so I should be able to get one there. The lady at the front desk is very pretty. She looked very young and full of excitement. She gave me my schedule right away. I have Science, Math, Art, English, Lunch, Social Studies, Band, and then a Study Hall. Pretty good! Ok, so it says that Science is in Room 207 C. I start looking for any C's. Fortunately, 207 is the first room in the C wing. I walk in to see Mr. Sorvensky writing on the board. He turned around when he heard me and I got to see what he looked like. He was about in his 60's but had a soft look to his eyes. He greeted me warmly and I told him what my name was. He said Brooklyn was a very nice name and told me to take a seat. I chose the desk in the front row, right in the middle. Just as I sat down, the bell rang. Kids came streaming in, most in groups of two or three. And all matching. Two boys walking in with the same shoes, socks, and pants on. Then three girls came in wearing the same shirts, "Don't mess with this girl," the same glittery pants, and very expensive looking shoes. Their hair was exactly the same, blond and cut in a short bob. I immediately knew they weren't my type. As the last few kids came in, Mr. Sorvensky started talking about some rules and expectations for this year, and handed out a packet with a rubric in it. I thumbed through it briefly and then put it away in my hot pink binder. If you haven't noticed the hot pink pattern here, I'm kind of obsessed. I know, it's bad. Next, Mr. Sorvensky said we would go around the room and say what our name was, our favorite subject in school, and if we had any siblings who go here. I was first. I said "My name is Brooklyn, my favorite subject is Art, and I have two brothers, Shaun in 11th, and Logan in 12th." As soon as I said that, one of the boys shouted out, "You mean The Shaun and Logan... like the coolest people at this school!?!?!" Oh great, I thought with a wince. "Yep... that's them," I said.