~Chapter 1~

imma do a quick a/n here before we start. alrighty, so plz no hate, if you dont like my story please dont read it, no ones forcing you. also, if yall see any spelling or grammar mistakes, please tell me, i want to learn to make the story better! if im ever unsure of which way the plot should go, ill probably have a little vote at the end of a chapter. Thats all for now, plz enjoy

 *bows and retreats behind curtain*

~alice the author

.oO   Without further adieu, we start.   Oo.

Blurs of green, brown and blue flew past the windows of our compartment as we sped through the wildlife surrounding the traintrack to Hogwarts. Hermione and Ron were chatting aimlessly, simple plesantaries about how their summers had been and who they reconed got what inheritance. See, in the wizarding world, some members of noble blood carry an inheritance, and most with this blood come into their inheritance at age 15.

Obviously, I just had to have a creature inheritance. Again, Harry Potter, center of attetion, had something that most wizards did not. Was it normal for him to ask to be, well, normal? First it was the irregular nature of his upbringing, then the strange instances that had followed him through his years at Hogwarts. He was tired of it all.

.oOo.

~le flashback brought to you by my gay ass that can't be bothered~

The night before his 15th birthday, Harry had felt a sharp pain at the top of his head, just above his ears, and at his lower back, and not wanting to worry Sirius and Remus, had just had a sleeping drought and closed his eyes. It still took him hours to fall asleep, the pain just kept getting worse, if felt a bit like he was being ripped apart.

When he awoke in the morning, he felt different, to say the least. Harry no longer needed his glasses, and his eyesight was now above average, and could see all the threads in his robes, the slight difference in the shades of the hairs on his tail as it wrapped around his waist when he sat up in bed, and could easily track that annoying fly's location arround the room.

And yes, he had noticed he had a tail.

He felt a strange twitch on his head as he heard Sirius' and Remus' voices drifting up the staircase of 12 Grimmault place. Hesitantly raising his hand to his head, he felt velvety fur protruding from the thick matt of brown that is his hair, and soon came to the realisation that he had cat ears. 

Now, he wasn't all too suprised by this, as when they had first learned about inheritances last year, Hermione had taken it upon herself to reaserch deep into Harry and Rons' magical heritage, and whether or not they might have an inheritance. To Harry's suprise, she had found that the Potters had a long line of Neko history. According to her, it was common that inheritances of that nature could sometimes skip a generation or two, so he could still be a Neko even if his father wasn't. And, with Harry's luck, that happened to be the case.

When he had finally decided to prise himself from the sheets of his bed, he wandered over to the full length mirror that sat in the corner of the room. Harry often avoided it, especially when he was changing, as he was not fond of being reminded of the scars that littered his chest and back. His time with the Dursleys had not been good, to put it mildly.

Now, when he approached the looking-glass, he peeled off his shirt to inspect the hair along his tailbone and to set loose his tail that was pulling up the edge of the oversized sleeping garment.

At his first glance at his upper body in the mirror, Harry's viridescent eyes snapped wide. Smooth, undisturbed skin coated his chest, not a scar or blemish in sight. Upon closer inspection he began to wonder whether or not he even had pores. The same slightly tan skin stretched over his shoulders, back and stomach, lightly defining a six-pack that Harry had developed after his years of Quiddich. Eyes glistening over with happy tears, he brought his attention to the top of his head, where his ears sat.

They were rather cute.

That was the best was to put it, Harry thought. The delicate skin inside was a light shade of pink closer to his head, before fading to a deep, rich chocolate brown. All of his hair seemed to be more of a stronger colour, not darker, but more vibrant. 

His complexion seemed different too, not drasticly, but just small, cat-like things. His eyes seemed much larger, the emerald green almost iridescent. His nose pinched slightly smaller, his jaw more sharp. Overall, Harry thought he looked great.

A sharp knock at the door had brought him back down to earth. 

"Harry? Are you up yet? Can we come in?" Sirius' voice came through the mahogany.

"Yeah, come in," Harry replied, not bothering to put on a shirt.

A flicker of doubt flashed though his mind, was it weird? Would they not accept him? 

The reaction the two had completely eradicated these thoughts.

Once Sirius and Remus stood in the room, they seemed to fully take in Harry's appearance.