Chapter 3; You love me?

This is just what I need the day before the anniversary of my dad and little sisters death. I just can't handle this right know. It just sucks so much. And to top it all off they won't tell me what's wrong with her. Right know Pattie was talking to the doctor. I was sitting on my moms bed side crying my eyes out. Justin was sitting in the chair a little ways away from me. I could feel his gaze in me.

"Hales will you please talk to me?" Justin asked after hours of silence.

Justin and I never fight. But when we do Justin is the first to apologize. Which is one of the many things I love about him. He was always nice to everyone even if the person was being mean to him. He was just that kind of person. But he is also hyper and new how to have a good time. Which was a good thing.

I looked at my mom then over at Justin. His elbows were on his knees, he looked somewhat sad, but I was supposed to be mad at him. I can't just fight with him right now when my mom is laying her unconscious.

"No, I won't! Go call Selena and talk to her!" I snapped at him, it came out meaner then I meant it to. He looked hurt by my tone of voice towards him.

"I don't want to talk to her! I want to talk to you! We're not really dating for real this time it's just for publicity!" Justin explained "I'll break it off with her if you just talk to me please. I can't stand you being mad at me."

I just ignored him and looked back at my mom. I needed to worry about her right know and not myself. Justin didn't seem to understand that. I looked at my mom in the hospital bed, it reminded me of when my dad go into the car accident. It was horrible sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting for my mom to identify the bodies. Even though I was only six years old and didn't understand what was going on but it still hurt.

*~*~* (2 days later)

My mom woke up yesterday, I also found out she had breast cancer. Which was hard for me to hear. But they said they caught it early enough that she could have surgery to have the mass removed and she should be fine. I haven't talked to Justin in 2 days and it was killing me. I really wanted to talk to him but I didn't know what to say.

"Hayley, will you come swimming with us!" Someone yelled through the bathroom door.

I opened the door to see Justin standing there. Part of me just wished he would see that I love him more then a friend but I new that wasn't going to happen. Some part of me always wished for that to happen but it never does. I just hated knowing that he would date other girls and get his heart broken. But he could just date me and I wouldn't break his heart.

"No thank you!" I said then walked past Justin.

"Hayley... Please?" Justin pleaded.

"I can't do this anymore!! I need to go home with my mom Justin. This is to hard for me!!" I broke down crying, falling to my knees.

This just pushed me over the edge. My mom has breast cancer, and it's the anniversary of my dad and little sisters death. And to top it all off I'm in love with best friend and he doesn't fell the same way. I've been holding all my emotions in for so long that this made me finally break down.

"Why do you need to go home Hayley? What happened?" He asked sitting next to me.

"You didn't do anything!! I just.. I just can't be around you anymore while you date all these girls!! It hurts to much!" I cried. I was crying so hard that it was getting hard for me to breath.

"How do you think I feel when you flirt with guys! It hurts me so I find girls to distract myself from having from having the pain of seeing you with other guys." Justin said taking my hands in his.

Did he really just say that? Or am I dreaming? I have to be dreaming, Justin doesn't like me more then a friend. I looked up at him slowly to see him looking down at me. He was actually smiling at me. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And I wasn't!!

"Do you really feel that way about me?" I asked whipping my tears away.

"You know my song Fall?" Justin asked, I nodded in response. "Well I wrote it about you!! I have been in love with you for as long as I can remember. I can't hide it anymore. I was going to tell you the other night but then the stuff with you mom and happened. I just want you to say you feel the same way. Please!?"

I sat there just staring at Justin. I was just trying to process what he was saying. It was something I wanted to hear for so long, and know I don't know what to say. It just doesn't seem real to me at all.

Justin was sitting there waiting for me to answer. He probably thought I didn't feel the same way but I did. I just didn't know what to say. After a while he got up shaking his head. I heard a bedroom door slam shut. That when I snapped out of whatever was wrong with me.

I got up and walked over to Justin's room. I knocked and heard a muffled "Go away!!" I ignored it and just walked in. He was sitting on the edge of his bed. I stood in front of him a smiling playing on my lips.

"I'm sorry, I didn't answer you right away I was a little in shock. I never thought I would hear you say those words to me ever. I just didn't want to ruin our friendship by saying something." I paused sucking in a breathe. "I love you Justin more then a friend!"

"I understand I just hope we can..." Justin paused then looked up at me "Wait.. What did you say?"

"Please don't make me sat it again-"

"No what was the last thing that you said!" He asked smiling

"That I love you more then a friend!!" I said smiling back at him.

For a little while Justin just sat there staring at me. A smile slowly forming on his lips. I never understood why I was in love with him but I guess I was going to figure it out sooner or later. I don't know but I hope I just had a chance to figure it out with him as more then friends.

"I love you too Hayley!!" Justin said "Way past being friends!"

"You do?" I asked slightly surprise that he said it back to me.