Forty three; Go Your Own Way

Lyric and Kurt flipped through the Muckracker as they waited for rehearsals to start

Lyric and Kurt flipped through the Muckracker as they waited for rehearsals to start. They knew that it was all gossip, but it was still fun to peruse through. Kicking her feet up on the empty chair in front of her, Lyric flipped to the blind items.

And just as she was about to point out a funny rumor about a student teacher affair, Finn barged into the classroom. It reminder her of the way he came into the classroom last year before Sectionals when he found out about Quinn and Puck. Lyric sat up straighter, getting ready for the worst.

"What the hell is this, dude?" Finn started towards Sam. "What blondie former cheerleader is having a secret Moonlight Motel rendezvous with another big-lipped blondie?"

Sam knitted his eyebrows together, taking a look at the paper Finn was shoving in his face. "Where does it say that?"

"Right on the front page of the school newspaper!"

Oh no.

Sharing a knowing look with Kurt, Lyric searched for this item and sure enough there it was. Lyric got up, slowly making her way to where Finn and Sam stood.

"You don't seriously believe this, do you?" Quinn attempted to apply reason in a situation where reason was lacking. But Finn wasn't having it.

"Well, why shouldn't I? Why wouldn't he do the same thing I did to him?"

Quinn shook her head. "Because it's gossip, Finn."

"This is your fault!" Lyric whipped her head around as Santana pulled a Finn. She walked up to Brittany, pointing an accusatory finger at her. "You told everyone that I played for another team on your ridiculous melted cheese show."

Lyric sent a bewildered look to Kurt. What was happening right now? Pushing that aside, Lyric turned back to Sam and Finn.

"I'm gonna punch your face off!" Finn sneered, pushing Sam. Quinn and Lyric stepped in the middle. Quinn holding back Finn while Lyric tried keeping Sam in place.

"You got a lot of nerve accusing me of cheating." Sam said as he tried to pass Lyric in order to get at Finn. "You're the one who snuck in and stole my girl!"

Finally, Mr. Schue came in, helping the two blondes. Finn's nose scrunched up as he threw the school newspaper on the floor. He by past everyone as he headed for the door. "Hey! Finn, where are you going? We got rehearsal!"

"Not today!" He said, over his shoulder.

Lyric ran a hand threw her hair, sending Quinn and Sam a look. She didn't know how someone knew about the motel, but she knew that whenever she went to go help Sam, she needed to be on the look out. The last thing she wanted was for the news of Sam's dad losing his job to be the next hot topic at McKinley.

"Lyric," Mr. Schuester called out to her. He motioned to the door. "Go after him. Make sure he's okay."

Without a word, Lyric grabbed her bag taking off in the direction Finn left. However, the halls were empty. If she were Finn, where would she go to blow off steam? A lightbulb went off. Readjusting the strap on her shoulder, Lyric made her way towards the auditorium.