Forty seven ; We Got the Beat

Lyric laid on her back, her songbook stretched out in front of her as she tried perfecting some lyrics she had sloppily jotted down

Lyric laid on her back, her songbook stretched out in front of her as she tried perfecting some lyrics she had sloppily jotted down. Music played lightly in the back. More Than A Feeling by Boston. She hummed softly to the music as she worked. Her feet were in Finn's lap, his attention was focused on his tv as he played Call of Duty. The both of them weren't really talking, but they enjoyed each other's company either way.

The entire summer had been just the two of them. . . with an occasional double date with Kurt and Blaine. The couple constantly mentioning a trip to Provincetown. Instead Finn had taken them all to the Allen County Fair, much to Kurt's dismay seeing as it was just in the middle of some woodsy area. He complained. . . a lot -- something about the mud on his designer boots.

None of that matter to Lyric though. She had the summer of her life. Everything between her and Finn seemed to fall into place. Like it was meant to be. So, it was safe to say that summer was good. No. Summer was amazing.

Unfortunately for her, today was the last day of all that amazingness. Tomorrow, they'd be back inside the hollow halls of McKinley High. Back to hearing Santana's raging yet clever insults, to Mr. Schuester and his favoritism in Glee, and to Rachel Berry and all her annoying intolerableness.

Lyric slammed her songbook shut in frustration, tossing it to her side. Her eyes swept over Finn and his intense focus on his video games. She didn't understand how boys could just sit and play for hours upon hours. A smile tugged on her lips as she noticed that his brow was furrowed and his tongue poked out of his mouth due to his concentration. Lyric let out a little laugh which finally grabbed his attention.

Finn paused his game, glancing over at her. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just a little bored." Lyric shrugged. She extended her arm, motioning for him to help hoist her back up. Once she was sitting up straight, Lyric rested her head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh. "I don't want summer to end." Her voice was muffled by the fabric of his t-shirt, but he still made out her words anyway.

She felt his arm wrap around her waist, pulling her closer. Lyric looked up, her green eyes meeting his brown ones. Finn gave her one of his cute half smirks that she had come to adore. "Nothing's gonna change. It's still you and me."

"Promise?" She asked, holding out her pinky. Pinky promises were sacred to Lyric-- they always had been ever since she was little.

Looping his pinky around her's, Finn leaned in. He pressed his lips against Lyric's, cupping her jaw slightly with his free hand. As he pulled back, Lyric rested her forehead on his, her eyes searching his eyes.

"I promise."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Shalom, blogosphere. Jacob Ben Israel here at McKinley High. "Sudden Death" big stakes senior year-- who will succeed and who will fail?"