Chapter 3: Well, You Talk Like Yourself

Jason Wilkes was born in Los Angeles and had always aspired to be wealthy like the other kids in his schools. He envied the mansions lining the streets and the golden gates of private estates that he could only dream of entering. His mother worked in a private school which allowed him to be enrolled there, that and their Widening Education in the Community Outreach Programme as providing scholarships was regarded as charity which benefits private schools, as messed up as that sounds.

He had a first love in his sophomore year. Margaret Carter. She saw him unlike all the other private school girls who used him for his mind and then discarded of him later. She valued his thoughts and his intelligence but never used it for any advantage of her own. She was beautiful, graceful, kind and strong. He loved her.

But she didn't love him. In fact, he never got to tell her how he felt because she moved back to England just before junior year ended.

Jason hadn't heard about her since then. But she had been on the back of his mind every day. They had lost contact but he didn't lose faith. She was the only girl for him. That's why he rejected Y/N. That's why he's the dirty social climber that he is; he can't move on from her but he can move towards success.

It was a miracle when she reached out to him a week ago. That was when he began to pull away from Y/N, he thought it was meant to be that Peggy would come back into his life as he finally gained momentum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N has a plan by the time the sun sets.

First, she will ruin his career prospects. Then his reputation within the tight knit community of the Upper East Side elites. And finally, she'll take away the one other thing that he has desired for the longest time; his first love. His only love. Although, with all the digging Y/N has done it seems more like an obsession.

Y/N's phone rings and she sees that Steve is the one calling.

"Hey darling," he greets as always. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," she smiles. "Thanks for the ice cream and flowers."

"Of course."

"Can we all meet up?" Y/N asks.

"At the den?" She hums in reply. "I'll text Bucky and pick you up."

He hangs up and she decides to get ready. Even though she's known both boys since they were kids she still liked to look put together, especially in her current state of mind. She wears flowy trousers that have slits on both sides with a ribbon at the top of each slit and a tight bustier top. She accessorises with rings, earrings and a mini bag and wears her kitten heels.

She waits until she receives the text from Steve to tell her that he's outside. She enters the back seat since Bucky is riding shotgun.

"You don't look as well rested as we would have liked, doll."

"I'm fine," she says as she makes eye contact with Bucky through the rear-view mirror.

"What was so important that you didn't rest?" Steve asks.

She frowns as they both team up against her. "I have a plan. But it requires a white board."

"Ah that's why you wanted to go to the den?" Steve says.

"And it involves you both. I need your help."

"It would be our pleasure," both boys reply with smirks on their faces.

They arrive and Y/N takes out her key card, unlocking the door.

She puts the small bag she brought down on the table and wheels out their board and starts to draw up a plan.