Chapter 9: I lose control

I collapsed on the bed in the room given to me for the trip. We just finished the battle and we were now on our way back to Coruscant. My powers drained me because I had to save so many clones and even Anakin from an attack from some droid bombers that dropped a payload on us. I then had to continue to fight with my powers so I was exhausted when we finally were leaving. I didn't want to sleep because I had a meeting with the Jedi Council in a few hours and I knew if I closed my eyes, I would not make it to the meeting.

So, I pushed myself back off the bed and went to change into a cleaner pair of clothes before heading to the cafeteria so I could get some energy through food. The cafeteria was crowded since many of the clones had the same idea to get food after the battle. I grabbed one of the trays filled with the necessary amount of ration cubes before looking around the room for a place to sit. They don't taste like anything but they at least gave us the energy we needed. I heard we just got a new order of them so we had "fresh" ones to enjoy instead of older ones that were tougher which made it harder to eat than the fresher ones. Rex also happened to be in here and called to me to come join them so I did. They made room for me between two of the clones who I think were called Chuckles and Chip. We chatted for a little bit about things other than the war as we ate. When I was eating the ration cubes, I noticed a weird taste which was weird since they were supposed to be tasteless.

"Do you guys notice a weird taste on these new cubes?" I ask them after noticing it in each of the five cubes I ate.

"No, they're tasteless like always. Why? Are you tasting something?" Rex asked concern looking at my plate.

"Yeah, I..." I trail off as my brain gets fuzzy. My thoughts begin to run as I feel something trying to control me.

"Atlantia?" Rex asks standing up from across me. Vaguely, I realized that silence filled the cafeteria as the clones turn to face me. "Can you hear me?"

"Rex," I rasp out, "Get Anakin." I begin to shake as I try to combat what I realize now is cordelia in the ration cubes. "Tell him...to alert the council...there is cordelia in the cubes." I hear him shouting for someone to find Anakin and to get the council on the comms when my control is loss. I lose who I was and when I stared at the clones, I didn't see the men I had fought with just moments before and were enjoying a meal with, I saw my enemy.

I unleashed a shockwave knocking the clones away from me. I could hear the shouts to stun me but I block the stuns with my shield. It felt terrible as I fought those I began to love as a family. I was still there but it was like I was locked in a cage forced to watched as this complete opposite of me hurt those I loved. Luckily, I was still weak from the battle so I couldn't do that much damage.

"ATLANTIA!" I hear someone shout. I turn from the clones to see Anakin standing there but the way I looked at him was the same look I give Maul, Dooku, and anybody like them. "This isn't you. You can fight it."

I laugh but from the clones they say it was the creepiest laugh they have ever heard. "The Atlantia you know is gone." A smile creeps onto my face, "I am the new Atlantia and I don't have the same morals as she did." I grab the lightsaber off my belt and turned it on. Anakin looked at me with a hesitant look.

"Atlantia, come on. I don't want to fight you." He said giving me a pleading look. My new self didn't have the same problem. I unleashed my powers on him before charging. He blocked my swing and pushes me back. My attacks weren't the methodical attacks I usually did when I fought but instead had an anger behind it. Anakin fought me but was trying his hardest not to hurt me. At one point Anakin pushes me toward the middle of the cafeteria more in the middle of the clones. Distracted by Anakin, I barely hear Rex shoot his weapon but it luckily didn't give me enough time to respond so it hits me and I fall unconscious.