Chapter 35: I'm breaking.

I stayed in my chambers for the rest of the clean up, not even going out to watch the destruction of the rebel ship which I would have gladly wanting to see. It seems Leia and the rest of the rebels have done something to me that is bringing up memories and emotions I did not want. They were bringing back who Atlantia was and I don't know how they are doing that. I do not remember ever seeing this spell in any of the siren books I gave to the Jedi Council and later Senator Organa so I do not know what spell these rebels were saying but I knew it was working. In anger, I destroyed most of my room scaring the officer who came to grab me for a meeting.

"I'm sorry, my lady, but Lord Vader has asked that you attend the meeting on the Darth Star." The officer says trying to hide his fear as I turn my angry eyes onto him. "He has already left but there is a shuttle waiting for you.

"Thank you," I grit out and the officer took that as his leave as he should. Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself before storming out of my quarters and into the hanger bay. Stepping into the transport, the door instantly shuts as the stormtroopers on board wisely keep their mouths shut as I was still quite angry of what the rebels were doing to me. Few minutes later, I was walking through the battle station toward the meeting room. When I walked in, the meeting was already underway with Darth Vader and Moff Tarken absent. I guess they wanted to make an entrance just as I have. The officers all gave me looks when I entered but they dropped it when I glared at them and my anger rolled off me in the form of power.

"Until this battle station is fully operational, we are vulnerable." Commander Tagge said returning to the conversation the men were having before I entered the room. "The Rebel Alliance is too well equipped. They're more dangerous than you realize."

"Dangerous to your starfleet, Commander, not to this battle station." Admiral Motti corrected.

"The rebellion will continue to gain support in the Imperial Senate..." Commander Tagge insisted. I glanced behind the table to see coming through the other door was Vader and Tarken ready to make their entrance.

"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us." Moff Tarkin said as he walked in drawing attention to him. He continued to speak as he walked to his seat with Lord Vader right behind him. "I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the old Republic have been swept away." With that, he took his seat with Darth Vader standing behind him. Lord Vader looks my way and I could feel his confusion for why I was so angry but I ignored him.

"That's impossible." Tagge said in disbelief, "How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?"

"The regional governors now have direct control over their territories." Moff Tarkin explains, "Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station."

"And what of the rebellion?" Commander Tagge insisted, "If the rebels have obtained a complete technical readout of this station, it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it."

"The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands." Lord Vader spoke up.

"Any attack made by the rebels against this station would be a useless gesture no matter what technical data they've obtained." Admiral Motti insists, "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe." He pauses before saying, "I suggest we use it."

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." Lord Vader says. I wanted to add that my powers make the Force look pathetic as well but figured that wouldn't be good to support the point he was making so I kept my mouth shut.