Chapter 2

it was a couple days before christmas now, a very well planned holiday at the royal family. they took this holiday very seriously. and learning about the babies gender a couple days before, made it an even bigger deal. snow couldn't stop rambling on about the child, and david must have been really done with his wife at this point. he spent more days over at the jones' than with his wife.
nonetheless that might've come in handy, as killian quite literally needed a "second hand" with painting the little girls room. the two of them were now painting the room and emma decided it was time for some tea.
"hey, so i was thinking, maybe i should call mom over for-"

"NO!" david turned and looked her dead in the eye.

"dinner...." she softly said, "dad, what the heck?"

"i mean, yes invite her over but please make her stop talking, if you can,"

"she's just excited, mate," killian assured him.

"i kid you not, she wasn't this excited when we were having emma,"

"that's because you knew either mom and i, or i alone were going to be ripped away from you. you knew what was happening..." emma sighed softly, placing the cups on a nearby stool, "she was excited when having neal, and well, i'm a tad bit older than him. grandchildren are always somewhat special," david heaved a big sigh and just sat himself down on another stool, to which killian put his brush back in the tray too. "i mean i don't take it personal in any way that she wasn't excited to have me, she must have been terrified as well, even if i wasn't going to be ripped away,"

"yeah... a first child is terrifying, we had no experience and not really anyone to ask," david nodded, looking up at emma. "aren't you terrified?"

"no, not anymore. with henry i was scared to death, but with this little girl, i don't have to be scared. i know what's waiting for her and me at the end of the line,"

"believe me mate, i am nowhere near calm, i don't know where she gets that from, but i have read the books. i am terrified!" killian shook his head, in total disagreement with emma. "in no way i'll be able to actually survive the birth of this child," david snickered, patting him on the back.

"oh, wait until you see it happening, you really wouldn't stand a chance," david snickered.

"thanks, mate, this talk is very reassuring." the two bickered for a little while longer, just like a couple of toddlers that had to share a toy together.

"okay if, and when you're done, i'm calling mom and asking her over okay? and i'll go have a talk with her, don't worry too much, or you'll grow more gray hairs,"

"oh she said it," killian laughed, turning back to the wall, staying out of this.

"emma swan! you did not!" david yelled after her as she exited the room, "do i really have grays?"

"i'm staying out of this, mate. this is between you and your daughter, i have nothing to do with this nor do i want to do anything with this," david smacked killian on the back, but he couldn't keep the grin to himself.

in the meantime emma had called her mom to come over, and cleaned the kitchen. somehow, even the kitchen was covered in splatters of paint. as if they had a paint throwing battle of some sort. she started making dinner early, she was cooking for a full baseball team and the men would probably be very hungry. even tho she didn't have a lot of food around, she used all the scraps and bits she could find. nothing would be left, all leftovers were used.
soon enough her mother arrived with her little brother, they let them play in the living-room whilst they had a chat and continued on the food.
"dad's a bit, grumpy, you know?" emma mentioned to break the silence, not facing her mother. just like her father would do.

"grumpy? he was fine this morning," snow replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"he said... you talk too much about this all,"

"did he?" emma finally turned around, "oh he really thinks so?" emma nodded, "well i can't help it now, right? i'm just so excited! i missed this all with henry, and well,"

"it's okay mom, it's okay!" snow shook her head, "just tone it down maybe? because can i say i'm tired of having him here 24/7? because, i am tired of having him here 24/7." snow laughed softly.

"now you know how i feel," she winked at her daughter, making emma chuckle.

"just take him home tonight? okay?"

"yeah, yeah i will, make sure you feed him well and i'll be fine with that,"

"touché," emma chuckled.