Chapter 2

Once the three reached town, they slowed their place, continuing hesitantly. Dark clouds began to gather on the horizon; they weren't like storm clouds - they were blacker than night.

A thunderous sound filled the air. A knight clothed in gleaming black armour rode through the path in the trees. His muscular black horse looked like a dark omen. Behind him came a few other knights. They all wore the same garbs; all rode those dark horses.

Faith, Connor and Eijaz ran to meet their father and mother in the middle of the village.

"Father," Faith asked worriedly, "What's going on? Who are these people?"

Father shook his head, "I don't know. Connor. Take your sister inside."

Before Connor could leave, the knights reigned there steeds to a halt. The lead knight took off his black helmet to reveal an unexpectedly handsome face. Eijaz's hairs along his back raised as he emitted a low growl.

The knight's black horse was inches away from Faith. She could feel the horse's breath - unnaturally cold and radiating evil. She couldn't keep her eyes off the fiery red ones of this creature of evil.

"I am Sir Baphomet," the knight declared loudly.
His voice sent shivers up Faith's spine - and not in a good way. Baphomet's dark eyes scanned over the crowd.
"I have come here because I ask for your allegiance. I know I am better than King Gabriel, and I plan to overthrow Him so we can have a more fruitful kingdom."

Father shook his head, "No. We will not join you, Sir Baphomet. And you should know that we are all loyal to the King, and Him alone."

"I thought you would be wiser than that," Baphomet sneered. He sighed, "Very well."
The dark horse reared and roared. Its hooves hit the ground, making the earth beneath them shake.
"You will join you King in death!"