Chapter 3

A few days later, the same thundering sound of hooves consumed the air. Faith woke with a start. She rushed to her small bedroom window.

Eijaz flew off the bed, running to the bedroom's closed door. He began whimpering and clawing at the thick wood.

Faith squinted her eyes to see in the early morning light. A huge smile spread on her face, her eyes and heart beaming with excitement. Faith quickly ran to the door. She fumbled with the knob - even though she had opened it a million times before. Once she opened it, she and Eijaz bolted through the house. One was barking, the other yelling at the top of her lungs.

"It's King Gabriel! He's here!"

Faith never stopped running until she was in the middle of the village.

There He was, clothed in pure white armour and light silver chainmail. He sat upon a huge white horse. Behind Him were His Knights, all clothes in white and riding white steeds.

Once Faith stopped and stood before Him, she dropped to one knee and bowed her head.

"Arise, My people," King Gabriel's gentle, ye booming voice commanded.

All the villagers did as they were told.

"I believe you know about My commanding Knight; that he plans to overthrow Me?"

Connor nodded, "Yes, Sir."

Faith looked into the faces  of her King and His mighty steed. There was no evil present.

"I have come to ask for your help. To help Me fight against Sir Baphomet and his Knights of Darkness," King Gabriel continued.

His eyes scanned over the crowd. Without a second thought, Faith took a step forward.

"I will join You, my King," she declared proudly.

King Gabriel smiled.