Chapter 9

"Guys! Guys!" Lucas yelled out. He had his hands on his kness and was panting for breath.

"Lucas aren't you supposed to be with Mike?" Max asked.

"That's the problem. I lost him!" Lucas said, he was obviously worried.

"Wait what do you mean you lost him!?" Dustin demanded.

"I don't know we were talking and then he just started running. He's not answering his radio, and I can't find him anywhere." Lucas explained.

"Well what was he talking about?" Dustin pressed.

"He just said that last night he felt her and then trailed off, after that he bolted." Lucas told them. Dustin and Will had confused looks on their faces, before they turned their confused faces towards Max.

"What? Don't look at me!" Max cried.

"Who else are we supposed to look at? Have you and Mike?" Dustin started before Max spoke up.

"I swear if you finish that question I'll rip out your tongue." The red haired girl threatened, her eyes ablaze in fury. Max loved Mike, but she loved the other dumb boys too. In a strictly platonic way.

"Guys focus Mike is missing. Lucas do you have any more information?" Will asked in an attempt to get his friends on track.

"No I was hoping one of you saw him." Lucas answered.

"Alright everybody we have a party member missing." Dustin said. "We all split up, and search for him. If one of us finds him we'll radio the others." The curly haired boy said, taking on the role of leader. "No man left behind." Dustin added. Before they could leave a loud obviously fake clearing of the throat was heard. With an exasperated sigh Dustin added. "Or woman left behind." Satisfied with the addendum the group were about to split up when a static crackle caught all their ears.

"Guys it's me. I'm alright, I'll meet you all at the ship. Over and out." His voice said.

"Well shit what do we do now?" Dustin asked.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Jane?" Mike asked. His mind went blank, completely blank. His surroundings disappeared and the only two people left on this planet was him and her.

Mike had dreams like this before. Except this was real. He thought this was real. He really hoped this was real, because he missed her so much.

When they were young they had been so close, closer than any other boy and girl in the known galaxy. They loved each other; anyone who had eyes could see that.

Unfortunately for the boy she was ripped away from him. They had promised each other they'd fine their way back, but as the years went on news of Hopper's death reached them. Mike and his friends thought she was dead too, but Mike didn't give up hope.

The two looked at one another like the long lost, star-crossed lovers that they were. A nervousness flooded Mike's being. The Jane he remembered was different to the one he was looking at. She was older obviously, and she had more hair than when he last saw her. He also notice the scar on her cheek. After all this time apart she was still the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

What Mike didn't realize was his own moving feet. Subconsciously he was walking towards the girl until he was right in front of her. Finally finding his voice he spoke up.

"Jane, is it really you?" He asked. Raising his hand he reached up to touch her unmarred cheek. To reassure himself this wasn't a fever dream, or a hallucination. He waited with baited breathe for her response.
---------------------------------------------------------
Jane saw him before through the force, but this was different. This was real, it was him, it was really him. The butterflies in her stomach mixed with dread. She had longed for this moment for many years, dreamed of it, but she was so scared. How would she explain where she had been all this time? How could she tell him that she was with Darth Vader for the last four years?

Anymore thoughts on the subject were gone as Mike walked closer. Her breath caught in her lungs as she looked up at him. He had gotten taller, a lot taller. Jane already thought he was a handsome boy when she was a girl, but the man in front of her made her weak in the knees. His unruly hair was longer, much longer now, and those adorable freckles she loved so much were still present.

"Jane, is it really you?" Mikes voice rumbled softly.

Jane. That name coming from Mike's lips felt so right. Eleven felt like a mere memory now. She watched as Mike's hand went to her face. His fingers were light on the skin of her cheek.

A warmth filled her body at the soft touch. It was something she wasn't used to after years with Darth Vader. A tear fell down her cheek as she grabbed the hand at her face.

"Mike." She managed to choke out. Finally giving into the moment she lunged at the boy. Her arms wrapped around his middle, and she buried her head in his chest. Mike returned the gesture, overjoyed to have her in his arms again.

"I knew you were alive. I never gave up hope." He said resting his head on top of hers.

"Neither did I. I found you." She said from the safety of his chest. They were quiet for a moment just relishing in being together again. When they separated finally. Mike grabbed his radio.

"Guys it's me. I'm alright, I'll meet you all at the ship. Over and out." He said. With his friends dealt with for now he looked back at Jane. A smile crossed both their lips before they hugged again.

Mike had felt like a piece of his heart was healed at that moment. Whereas Jane felt another shattered piece of her mind was fixed and mended.