The Intruder (JSaB)

Max groaned as he wrapped his arms around his stomach.

It had been a month since he had last ate anything. He didn't need to eat to live, but he did need to eat to actually be able to properly function.

The pain was becoming unbearable. He could barely do anything without it stopping him, including sleep. It had been around a week since he'd last slept properly.

He had made his way to a new island, one he had never heard of. He snuck into a large, industrial looking building to try and find something to eat.

It was filled with machinery. A lot of things he hadn't seen before that day.

Max ended up in a large hall, with doors all down each side. He tried multiple, but they were all locked.

Losing hope, he sprinted to the point in where the corridor turned, when a door with a piece of paper attached to it caught his eye.

He struggled to read it, but he eventually made out 'My name isn't Opia, it's Zone. They just won't change the sign.'

Sure enough, the sign said Opia.

Max tried the door to find it unlocked, which surprised him. He went inside carefully, and noticed the place was pretty messy. He was obviously more interested in the kitchen, however.

Hopping onto the counter, he started rummaging through the cupboards.
Max had actually managed to find a pack of chocolate bars, which were unopened.

He hungrily ripped into the packaging, and took a bite of the first one. It was like heaven to him. Before he knew it, though, he had gone through the whole pack.

Before Max could grab something else and then leg it, he was caught.

"Who the hell are you?! What are you doing in my dorm?!"

Scrambling down from the countertop, Max started profusely apologising. He felt extremely guilty breaking into the poor person's home.

"I-I'm so sorry! I don't mean any harm, I-I swear! I was just hungry!" He blurted out shakily.

"Wait, hungry? Y-You wanted food? That's why you came in here?" The other person questioned.

"Yeah? That's kinda the whole reason I'm a thief?"

"Oh, wow, he's aware of it" they said under their breath. "You got lucky, I'll admit. Not a lot of us here eat. Even I don't that often."

"Wait, what? S-Surely you'd at least need to eat to not feel awful all the time?"

"No? We don't? Why do you need to?"

"I-I thought that everyone needed to eat... I mean, I'm not from here, so I didn't know..."

"Ah, fuck, they're organic." They muttered.

"Wh-what?"

"I-I'll explain later. Do you need anything else right now?"

"Y-yes, I do. I haven't had a proper meal in like three months."

"Holy shit, how are you still going?"