LAST HOPE (Undertale)

CW: Death, blood

Chara - Level 20 - hp: 99/99

"Please... don't... kill... me..."

You had no interest in what the flower had to say. With one single strike, it was dead.

You had traveled through many timelines, relentlessly killing every monster. This one, however, seemed the exact same as the main timeline.

Expecting to be greeted with the first human, you were surprised when a much different voice was heard.

"So, you're the human that massacred them all."

Despite whipping your head around every which way, you found no sign of life anywhere else.

"I suppose I should introduce myself. This is the first time we've met, after all."

A... Cherry?... With a body?... Wearing tacky sunglasses? Stepped out in front of them.

"What's up? Name's Merg. If you had taken any other path you would've met me in Snowdin, but of course, you chose to kill."

Merg? That's the thing's name? It sounds like it named itself.

you decide not to question it.

"You're not even listening, are you? Not surprised."

Your SOUL lit up.

The battle interface appeared. Nothing special.

"Before we begin, you won't be needing this."

The cherry thrust it's left arm to the side, and the MERCY button shattered.

This surprised you, as even that pathetic skeleton offered to spare you (even if he killed you after accepting).

Speaking of which, they seemed to have a bit in common.

"Go on, it's your turn. I'm not a cheater."

Seizing the opportunity, you attacked as hard as you could.

It didn't dodge. It died in one hit.

"Agh... that hurt... more than I was expecting..." their tone was pained.

A grin spread across your face.

"This... isn't... over..."

It was at that moment you realised this... thing was not a monster. It had a human SOUL. It was an obnoxious shade of pink.

The SOUL split in two briefly before fusing back together. Some text appeared above it.

"But it refused..."

Merg got back up, a look of fury on their face.

"You can't beat me that easily. I lowered my guard intentionally."