Chapter 13

NOTORIOUS

Chapter 13

"I want to borrow this book again," Adam told the librarian while returning a book. 

"Alright, Sir." The woman said and started making the receipt. "Can you keep it here for a moment? I want to check out other books as well." He interrupted. "Sure Sir." She nodded and he left to find himself some other books to read.

Adam picked up two books and took them to the counter. "I'll check out these two and the one I brought back." He told the librarian. 

"Where did it go? I placed it right here" She whispered while looking for the book that Adam had just returned. "Oh! I took the book back. Sorry!" the other librarian revealed. 

"It's alright. I'll get that one next time. I'll take these two for now." Adam told them, flashing a polite smile. He took the two books and left. As he walked out, Della showed up at the counter holding a book. 

"Excuse me? I think someone forgot these concert tickets in this book." Della informed the librarian. "Oh! This book?" the librarian wondered, looking at the book. Della stared at her for a moment and then walked away to search for other books. While the librarian called Adam to inform him.

"Hello? Huh? Did I forget my concert ticket in the book? I'll be there." Adam repeated as he answered the phone call from the library. He rushed back to get the book. He opened up the book and saw a blue sticky note over his ticket. 

"Sorry for picking up your book. Enjoy your concert." It said.

He read the note and smiled at the sweet gesture from the person who wrote it. He then grabbed a sticky note pad from the table asked the librarian for a pen with which he wrote down something and placed it in the book, requesting the librarian to give this book back to that person before leaving.

"Sorry, did you see my sunglasses? I think I forgot them here." Della came running towards the counter. 

"It's on your head." The librarian pointed out at the glasses on Della's head with a smile. Della raised her hand to her head and took the glasses off, embarrassed. "Sorry." She chuckled awkwardly. 

"The owner of those concert tickets left this book for you to read." The librarian informed her. Della grinned and opened the book to see a note. 

"Thank you for returning my ticket. This book is a good one. I've not completed it yet but happy reading!" She read and smiled.

-------------

The cameras keep flashing everywhere as I enter the arena with Susan. I had no interest in coming for the show but I did anyway for Susan's sake. I keep sighing and try to ease my nerves that are being triggered by these flashy lights. I mentally curse myself for agreeing to come here. I had a long day at the office and had tons of paperwork to do. By this time I was exhausted and needed nothing more than a good, peaceful sleep. But here I am, pretending to be nice to Susan so I won't upset her.

"Harry? Smile." Susan asks me flashing her white teeth towards the camera. I groan inwardly, feeling running out of patience.

"I told you already, I don't like taking pictures. If this wasn't your event I wouldn't have come." I huff telling her and ignoring the cameraman begging for me to look at him and smile.