Ch-2

You blinked rapidly, unsure if what you were seeing was real since it was so blurred. A gentle hand dabbed rough wool beneath your eye and you realised the world looked so watery because you had been crying. Alec used the sleeves of his jacket to dry your tears. Bella was watching you with horror filled eyes, your trembling body almost giving way as you fought the urge to run - you were sure Alec would just drag you back. You could feel his breath on the side of your face. He clearly didn't understand the concept of personal space.

"Mesmerising, to see what you have seen before it has happened." Aro murmured, stroking Alice's hand before she pulled it back with a clearly forced smile.

"But what will." She reminded him. He clapped his hands, looking so joyful you were left utterly paralysed with confusion. Did he not understand how terrifying this all was? Had he not seen the sheer crazy that was waiting to burst forth out of the boy holding you back? His behaviour was erratic, completely at odds with the rest of the refined and well disciplined Guard. How could Aro not see?

"Yes, yes it's quite certain, you are free to leave." Aro informed them. Your breath escaped you in a rush and you immediately tried to dash for your sister. Bella had opened her arms straight to you and the safe haven was so close, yet so far. Alec didn't let you take a step, hauling you back against his chest and burying his nose in the crook of your neck, inhaling deeply.

"No you don't, I've waited too long." He grumbled. You struggled frantically, the tears springing to your eyes again as Caius tried to protest his brother's decision. You had drawn the attention of most of the Guard and the man you knew to be Marcus by now though, the brunette king looking somewhat sympathetic towards you. For a man with no respect for human life to look at you like that could most certainly not be a good thing.

"What are you doing brother? Let the foolish thing go." Jane said, reaching for his arm. His head snapped up, a growl rumbling through his chest into your spine. If looks could kill, you had no doubt the petite blonde would have burst into flame then and there, bursting into a thousand pieces with the intensity of the danger in his glare.

"Bella!" you whimpered. His hold was like having an iron beam wrapped around your torso, two strong arms refusing to let you move so much as an inch from his chest. It didn't make sense, none of it did, why was he so obsessed with keeping you near? Did he want you dead? He couldn't, he'd had plenty of chance to do so by now and hadn't taken a single opportunity to hurt you on purpose. So what was his problem with you?

"Alec, dear one, is something the matter?" Aro asked, eyes glistening.

"Aro." His brother held a hand out to him and the black haired leader flashed towards him while you continued to struggle, your frustration mounting.

"Let me go!" you cried, You stomped on his foot - nothing. You threw your elbow back into his ribs - nothing except a sore elbow for you. You tried to pry his arms away from your body - nothing.

"No." he hissed. You squeezed your eyes shut.

"Let me go! Please! Let me go!" you begged.

"I said, no." he repeated, his voice ice cold. Your heart rabbited in your chest, the nausea in your throat rising until you were sure you were on the verge of throwing up. You could barely breathe and it wasn't just his tight grip that was the problem. There was a panic attack looming on the horizon for you if he kept this up.