Chapter 37

Xavier POV

Being away from Iris this morning wasn't what I had planned, but work gets in the way of some things. Especially when it comes to the mafia. It's hard to excuse such matters that relate to the mafia.

Taylor informed me of the mishaps here and there that he needed help with. The urgency in his voice brought me back to the present.

"We had a breech and someone tried to fuck with the paperwork. It was an unnamed company but they somehow got a hold of our paperwork and shares with our businesses and shipping processes. I panicked and needed your help," Taylor sighed.

I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance. I would have had Iris cuddled up with me right now but instead I had urgently been called to fix my excuse of a brothers problem. Of course he couldn't control a situation like this. No wonder my father chose me instead to run as next in heir.

"You need to stop being so hard on him."

Iris's words clouded my mind. I miss her so much already. I can't wait for this to be over.

I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. He was more serious than ever. I could tell this whole running the mafia and business was taking a toll on him, which is why father put me up for that position. Sooner or later, which is now, Taylor will realize he isn't the best to be controlling things like this. His experience isn't as effective as mine. I've been working not long after Taylor had but I still came out on top. Especially me being the competitive kid I always was. Either way I know that I should help Taylor instead of being an asshole to him, but I can't help it. He always brags about doing all this shit when he knows damn well that I'm more capable. He tries so hard to beat me at anything and everything but still doesn't manage to succeed. This results in me and him clashing together constantly. My father also realized that I would be more suitable. Me being the good brother I am, I never rubbed it in Taylor's face but my god did he make it so hard not to. Being cocky was something he always was. And I hated it. So us not being any better, we constantly fought and argued, even over the simplest things. Sophie is a witness of that.

Giving him an annoyed tick of my jaw, I nodded for him to continue. The faster I get this issue resolved, the faster I will be able to see my baby and Iris. Not that she isn't already both. I chuckled inwardly.

Taylor explained to me that a traitor was among us in our company and we need to find this motherfucker before he gets a hold of more information and does a whole lot of damage that I can't handle right now. We have never had someone breech so this must be someone close to and higher up our company status. How disappointing.

I ordered many people to check the recent updates and logs on who came in this morning and what their status of the job was. This whole mess happened this morning when Iris and I were together. That made it a bit easier to see who had done it.

Let's get this show on the road, and find this piece of shit.

_

The stinging sensation on my hand didn't phase me. The slap echoed through the stone cold room. The shit head groaned. As he should, because I certainly wasn't going to go easy on him. This should be a piece of cake.

The gruff voice of my guard spoke.

"He was the one, sir. Many of us were suspicious of his behavior lately. This just proves that he wanted to possibly put you and the company in danger. Not only that, but he wanted to put our position in the mafia at risk. What a fucker."

I nodded in agreement. It was no surprise that the traitor was also involved in the mafia. No one else would've done this, especially if they knew better than to mess with me. The codes and sequences were hard to get past so it was obvious that he had been involved in the mafia, and once I found out which group of his hooligans had done it, they won't live to see another day.