Future Nostalgia

SYNOPSIS
Jeongguk Jeon, a regular Olympian, is summoned by the governing Titan of his faction to perform a feat he might or might not be able to accomplish — all courtesy of his family's head-god, Apollo.

SYNOPSISJeongguk Jeon, a regular Olympian, is summoned by the governing Titan of his faction to perform a feat he might or might not be able to accomplish — all courtesy of his family's head-god, Apollo

WORD COUNT: 2370 words

just a lil greek mythology inspired thingy i wrote ft. taekook

//////////////

The air in the room is thick with unfounded tension, and no matter how many times Jeongguk tells himself to just calm down already, he fails every single time; and why wouldn't he — it's not like being summoned to the Headquarters of his faction's Ruling Commander is a source of great joy to him.

Nope. Nada. Never in a million years.

In fact, sitting here, tucked away in a corner of the rather lavish waiting room, has him harshly digging his fingertips into the metal of the bench his hand is curled around.

Somewhere in the back of his mind—in the part which is still able to form coherent thoughts—he questions the reasoning behind putting this hideous bench in a room full of rather expensive interior and furniture.

Why bring down the grandiose of the space by placing a clearly disagreeable piece of crappy furniture in it?

But Jeongguk knows it. He knows.

He knows that the staff could have easily put him in any room in this Homeric building, but somebody had taken it upon themselves to intimidate him at every step of the way, throughout his entire visit to the Headquarters.

Well, Jeongguk just wants to inform them that there is absolutely no need for that, since he is already this close to wetting his pants — has actually been that way since the summon had been dropped at his house by the Headquarter's official messenger.

If getting to know that the letter—which bore the sigil of the Commander himself—was addressed directly to him didn't have him visibly quaking in his boots a week ago, then its contents definitely did.

Word had spread quite quickly about it, though—he was sure all his younger siblings and cousins were to be blamed for that—and soon the news that he had been ordered to drop by the Headquarters had reached the folk at his university.

Getting freaked-out glances by gaping adolescents is fairly uncomfortable, Jeongguk can vouch for that now, and getting pounced upon by your very own group of friends regarding something you yourself have no knowledge about is downright dreadful; he knows that, too.