fifty-four || it has begun

Kaiyo's PoV

"I'll be guarding the coast this time, right?" I came out of my room in my hero uniform, fixing the sleeves before looking up to see Momo and Iida already working on the computers. They both nodded at the same time in response to my question.

"Yes, the others will be by the beach. Be sure to have your communicator with you, Kaiyo." Momo smiles towards me. With a firm nod and a small smile back, I picked up my phone from the table and made my way out of the office. I won't be doing much today since I'll be guarding my post by the coast. The rest will be the ones running errands around the island instead of me.

I focused the wind around me and used it to guide my body towards the coast through the air. "Shoto's already at the beach by now. Everyone's working so early." I mumbled to myself. We all have been taking this seriously. Well, most of us. Bakugo is still a little reluctant since there wasn't much danger lurking around, but he does what he needs to when we ask him to.

More like force him, if I'm being honest.

Sometimes, bribery works as well.

As I reached the bay area, I quickly spotted the watchtower near the docks and landed inside through the opened windows. There were already fishermen boarding their canoes to stretch a little away from the island to catch food, and the wet market was already getting busy.

It looks like the people in this island are early birds, and they work pretty efficiently too. They don't have a second to waste everyday. For the past few days that we have been here, I have noticed patterns of the people and their work. They have a system to follow, much like in the city, when it comes to working. I haven't really seen any kids going to school yet, but I have seen campuses around the island. It should be because it's summer and they have a break.

The rest of the afternoon was spent by me just watching the coast and occasionally activating my quirk to sense any person nearby. Everything was peaceful until then, and some of the islanders even gave me food to the watchtower for lunch while I was still on watch.

BANG!

I immediately spotted the ship that destroyed the breakwaters. Without a moment of hesitation, I jumped out of the watchtower and stopped it from hitting the docks this time. "Everyone, run away!" I yelled to the bystanders. "As far away as possible!"

"Oh, there's a hero wannabe."

I looked atop the ship and spotted five figures glaring down at me. All of them were wearing eccentric outfits, giving me the feeling that they are up to no good. Their eyes were clearly showing their intent too. These are villains disrupting the peace and harmony of this island. "What's your business here?! You broke the breakwaters protecting the island from violent waves!"

"Breakwaters? Oh, we didn't see them." The girl with scarlet hair shrugged her shoulders. "Bria, we'll let you take care of this little brat. She must be one of those UA kids who were assigned here for awhile."

They also know about us?

What could their motive be?

The five of them sprinted in different directions all at the same time, the Bria man coming straight for me. I immediately activated my quirk as I dodged his fist, deflecting the needles that the red-haired woman was shooting towards the ships to lessen the casualty at the same time. I cannot completely protect it since there are five of them, and my quirk's distance is limited.

CRASH!

The cell tower was crushed by the beast man, taking advantage of the fact that I was distracted. I will need the others and their help to restrain these people, but my only mode of communication was taken down before I even knew it.