thirty-eight || family

A/N: I have a few minutes to spare before my next exam, so here you go!

Enjoy reading!!!

_____

Kaiyo's PoV

A few hours after Aizawa briefed me on what happened, I was all healed up by Recovery Girl and I was good to go. It seems like the only reason for me to stay in the hospital was because I was unconscious. The rest of my injuries were almost fine now and I only feel sore on some parts.

I changed back into my school uniform and stood from the hospital bed, grabbing my uniform case along with me. I walked out of my room since I was already discharged and met up with Midoriya outside the hospital. It seems like he wasn't the only one there. Kirishima was back in good shape too.

"Kaiyo! You're okay!" Kirishima ran over and hugged me tightly. "They said you were on critical condition! That was frightening!"

"Imagine what Todoroki-kun would do if he finds out." Midoriya sweat-dropped behind Kirishima.

Yeah, he would be furious.

Chuckling, I patted Kirishima's back and carefully pulled away from his hold. I am missing Class A now. That battle felt like it went for days. It was extremely exhausting, and nothing like any of the missions I have gone to when I was an intern under Endeavor.

For some reason, we always end up in hospital beds too.

"We should get going," I say.

"Kirishima Eijiro, Midoriya Izuku, Watanabe Kaiyo."

We turned to the source of the voice and found policemen standing outside their car. "Sorry to bother you after your discharge, but we would like you to come to the station and answer some questions about the Shie Hassaikai incident." He says.

"Of course,"

"We understand,"

We willingly got inside the police car and was soon brought to the station. It seems like it will take a little longer for us to head back to our family.

***

After answering the police and their questions, we were dropped off to the front gate of UA. It was already night time when we finished, so we were able to meet up with Uraraka and Tsuyu who just arrived the same time as us.

"Kaiyo-chan, you scared all of us!" Uraraka and Tsuyu ran over to hug me.

"You were the only one who was fatal within our class, kero!"

I found myself smiling softly as I hugged the both of them back tightly. I'm sure that I wasn't the only one grieving and still trying to process all that happened. We were still students, yet this mission already threw many on us. "The both of you did great. I'm sorry for having you all worry." She mumbles.

As I pulled away, I told them that we should get inside the dorms now and ease the others from their own worries. They probably saw the whole thing on television, so they may be antsy with our return.

Midoriya comes up to open the door and in an instant, the entire Class A surrounded us at the front door. I closed the door after everyone got inside, chuckling a little at them bombarding questions and their worries.

"Kaiyo, I'm glad you're alright!" Momo comes up to hug me, to which I returned with a bright grin of my own.

"Thanks, Momo." I hum.

"I'll make some lavender tea to help you all ease up!" She exclaims, pulling away to run towards the kitchen. "Try some of the chocolate cake I made!" Sato says.