Nothing to Lose

[Onew's pov]

.
.
.
.
.
.

So I just arrived at this remote island's shore after a long voyage, and everything's been going well so far.

No one's around so naturally, I thought I could safely turn into my human form without having to worry about someone seeing me naked.

It's not like I can't use a spell to dress instantly, it's just that I don't like getting dressed while I'm still wet all over.

I froze in my place like a statue sculpted in an awkward pose the second I realized I wasn't really alone.

I blinked with a mixture of disbelief and shock at the young girl peeking from behind a boulder.

-"A- ehehehe...please don't mind me. Go on; do your thi-thing...ahehehe," she giggled more uncontrollably at the "thing" part.

"She doesn't even look fourteen at the very least!
I have to say, kids' shamelessness these days put shameless bastards like me to shame!" I thought with confusion, looking sidelong at nowhere in particular. Then looked back at her, still stuck in the same position with my left thigh barely hiding my thing from her scrutinizing gaze.

I quickly covered my lower body with a pair of Bermuda shorts, cursing under my breath. After making sure they were completely materialized around my waist and thighs, I was finally able to move freely again.

-"A little too bold, aren't we?"

The girl giggled some more at my statement. She was trying to sound proud of herself but failed and ended up covering her flushed face instead. I was staring right into her eyes so it was understandable...I guess. I wasn't expecting that to work honestly, given her initial boldness.

Anyway, I'll just have this meal while I'm at it. After all, it's been waiting especially for me and is all ready to eat.

-"Heheheh...come here," I extended my hand in her direction while putting on one of my charming smiles.

She complied without hesitation. Well, of course! Who could possibly resist a handsome merman with a friendly smile?! And apparently, it was her first time seeing one live too.

I remember when I was still young and incidents like this, where I get to receive free food without breaking a sweat, took me by surprise.

Look at me now; perfectly used to the fact that I'm simply that mesmerizing whether I use a magical lullaby or not.

Guess I have come a long way.

......

In the marketplace, I walked around licking my fingertips clean as I took a look here and there, hoping to find me some good dessert.

This fruit looks good.

I picked one plum up to check it under the evening's neon lights while I listened to the chitchatting customers and passerby.

--"...You know that old story about what happened in the neighboring kingdom nine hundred years ago?"
="You mean the story about that one vampire that appeared there out of the blue and annihilated nearly half of their population, starting with their ruling family? It still gives me the chills"
--"Well, I heard THAT one vampire is now dwelling among us on this island"
="...You're kidding, right? Who told you that??"