Maps

.

.

.

.

.

.

[Taemin's pov]

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"How do I make this restlessness go away?" I wondered in misery.

Having been unable to keep my focus on the texts for hours, I finally gave up and put the book down.

"Maybe some noise is just what I need to take my mind off yesterday's misadventure."

...

I settled for the hustle and bustle of the marketplace. And there, I found myself questioning my decision.

I couldn't keep my chin up; couldn't but keep my eyes under my nose. Allowing them to get caught in eye contact with somebody felt like an undeserved right.

I was a sorry, walking embodiment of shame.

"You sure this's how you're supposed to help yourself forget yesterday ever happened, Taemin?! Cuz' it's doing the exact opposite."

A small, smart billboard hanging on a lamp post caught my attention. It was advertising a product claimed to have the ability to protect little girls and women from the lethal melodies of "The Sea Devil"; supposed sound filtering headphones.

I seriously doubt they work.

-"Isn't it funny how guys keep worrying about not finding enough pretty girls to f#&k anymore while we have to worry about our lives whenever we hear any music?" A girl in her teens spoke to her twin sister. They were standing nearby.

="Language, young lady!" Their father smacked one of them on the head with a rolled newspaper.

-"OW! It was her, not me!"

The other girl's mischievous laugh was soon cut off by another newspaper smack from the upset father.

I turned back to the billboard, smiling. Then the corners of my mouth quickly dropped.

...

A while later, I spotted a newly opened coffee shop across the street and decided to stop at it. Before I entered, I paused in front of the glass door, seeing my reflection. My complexion looked less unsaturated than usual.
I touched my face.

"Must be the food I've been able to eat. I wonder."

Inside, I seated myself on a lonely table in a far corner and picked the menu up.

-"*Groan!*" I remembered I couldn't eat or drink anything other than blood without that fairy-made capsule.

-"What would you like to order, sir?" A waitress came to my table and proceeded to do her job with a smile.