"track meet!" Kou x reader 🌊

I was tying my shoe laces in the locker room. The school was hosting a giant race for our physical education class, meaning everybody had to do it. I started to warm up, skipping and jogging in place. The intercom goes off,

"Attention, students, everybody needs to be outside in five minutes!" , good grief, this school is the worst!

I started jogging outside, to continue warming up. I see a familiar, gingertoned hair.

"Heyy!", he waved over at me. I giggled a little and walked over to him. "Hey, Kou, wanna be my running partner or whatever?" "Yeah, sure (Y/N)." He always said my name nicely.

"We should probably get ready now, huh?"
You nodded. You pulled you hair back, (unless you've shorter hair, then you dont necessarily have too).

The two of you lined up together.

"When this horn goes off.."

You started shaking..

"You and your running partner will take off.."

Your breathing was unsteady..

"Three.."

Why am I nervous..

"Two.."

It's just a race..

"ONE!"

Kou grabbed your hand and the both of you bolted, "4 laps around the building, we can do this!" Kou reassured. You smiled, you were glad to have him around. He was your best friend, although you wished he was more.

• • •

You both were on your last lap, you were feeling tired, like you could stumble any moment. Kou noticed, "(Y/N), are you okay? you keep limping a little. We're almost there can you manage?" You nodded, "Yeah I'm sure I can. I'm just getting tired.".

He was right, you were almost there. You decided to both use the last bit of energy and sprint to the finish point. As soon as you crossed the line, you stumbled into the grass. 

"(Y-Y/N)?! Are you okay?", You didn't respond, just laid there. You felt some pressure on whayou back, You figured it was just Kou laying on you. "Can we go get something to drink?"
You heard Kou hum in response. He got up and then helped you get up. He's too sweet..

You both walked into the school building and bought some refreshers from the machine. You took your hair down and played with it to fix it a little. Kou just watched, he looks mesmerized. "You look nice.."

What..

"Thank you I-"

You were cut off. He kissed you, but it was rather quick. "W-What was that for?" "Dont question it." You giggled and then kissed him. Then he became flustered, which was funny to you.

"Well I think i'm gonna go, my mom is cooking dinner soon. Unless you wanna come?" He nodded.

• • •

"(Y/N) I think I like you."
"The feeling is mutual.."
" Do you wanna-"
"I thought you'd never ask."

Your hands intertwined, and you continue you short walk to your house.