Chapter 5

For the rest of the day, each teacher basically greets me the same way, and for most of my classes I am placed at the front so I get a better idea of what happens in the lesson. When lunch is over I check my timetable to see what my final lesson is. Someone reads my next lesson out loud from behind me and so I turn my head to find another good looking boy.
"Maths with Miss Radley eesh good luck she can be strict. Hi I'm Harry, I was in your English with Miss Langford, I was sat at the back."
"Erm hello, I think I remember you, were you the one that was chatting to your friends about me?"
"Well yes obviously, you are the new girl so what do you expect. So are you going to the drama club later? I think you are a good actress. I can just feel it."
"Well I was thinking about it coz I was in a drama club in my last school but it didn't end out very well. Let's just say I'm also thinking about the music club. But if you think I should be in the drama club then I will be in the drama club. I gotta be with someone I know at least."
"Well I'll be there so you will be with someone you know. Well that is if you come to the drama club and not the music club."
"I guess I'll see you at drama club. What classroom is it again?" I ask as I tilt my head to the side.
"The classroom is 122. You hear me 122 not 121 because that's where the music club is happening!"
"Ok ok, I hear you 122. I'll see you there."
"Enjoy Maths she may be difficult. Just make sure you don't get on her bad side for your first day. IT IS POSSIBLE!" He says while raising his eyebrows.
"Ok thanks for the warning. See you after school!"
"Bye!"
Once I grab my bag from under the table I start walking to the room 139 for Maths. When I arrive to the room, I see that most of the class are lined up outside and at the front of the line, there is a woman who is opening the door. When the line starts moving and I reach the front of the line, I see a familiar face sat at the back of the classroom. Ben is sat there reaching into his bag to get his calculator and a pencil out ready for the lesson.
I walk into the lesson and I keep walking until I arrive at Miss Radleys desk. She looks up at me with a confused look.
"Hi Miss, I'm Chloe Carter. I'm a new student today. Where would you like me to sit?"
"Oh hello, I heard there was a new student in school but I didn't know you were in this class. It looks like there is a spare seat next to Joey on the front row. Can you please sit there and get a pencil, ruler and a calculator out ready to learn. I hope you aren't any trouble because that could be bad for your first day."
"Don't worry miss I like maths so I don't want to ruin being able to learn in one of my favourite subjects." I start walking back to my new seat and sit down. I smile at Joey and he sheds one back.
She turns her head and faces the rest of the class. "Ok class don't forget to get out a ruler, pencil and calculator for this lesson. Once you get your book please write the date and title at the top of a clean page and underline it. Chloe I have a book on my desk if you could come and collect it."
"Ok." I stand up from my seat and look towards Ben who looks up from his desk. He smiles at me, I smile back and then I carry on walking to Miss Radley's desk to pick up the blank book. When I pick up the book Miss turns her head and looks at me.
"So far so good, Miss Carter don't ruin this for you or me please."
"I won't Miss, you can count on me."
I walk back to my chair and sit down while opening my new book and getting my ruler and pencil out from my pocket. The boy next to me, called Joey, accidentally nudges me which makes my handwriting look messy but I don't mind because I can easily fix it.
"Oh shoot! Sorry my ruler is terrible it's so wiggly all the time!" We both start to laugh at his ruler
"It's ok. Here borrow mine, it's a lot straighter then yours."
"Ah thanks, so how's your day been so far?"
"Well it's been pretty good. I've been the main gossip all day though so all I could hear was Chloe this and Chloe that which was irritating."
"Well what do you expect that video is all over school and you are the new girl." He turns back to his book.
"Wait what video I haven't seen a video?" My heart starts racing and my breathing gets faster.
"Wow that's surprising it's all about you. It's just a video that shows you walking into school because everyone was so interested in you."
"Oh right a video about me. Well thanks for telling me I had no idea."
"No problem." He starts to draw a line under his title and date. Once his pencil reaches the end he passes the ruler back.
"So how has your life been at this school then? Are you part of the popular guys? Do you have any lovers? Do you have enough money for another ruler?"
"It's been pretty great I've got some great friends who actually value me. I'm sort of part of the popular guys but i also have many friends that are nerds so yeah. I can be classed as a nerd too though so I don't really know where I stand. I actually do have a girlfriend she's called Molly and she's really pretty and smart and I'm so lucky to have her. And yes I do have enough money to buy another ruler but why do that when I can just steal yours all the time." We both begin to laugh again.
"Ahem, Joey, Chloe! I'm trying to do the register so can you please stop talking."
"Oh yes sorry, miss."
My voice gets quieter as I begin to whisper. "So when can I meet Molly she sounds like an amazing person."
"Shhhhhh. She is amazing and she is also right over there so keep your voice down."
"Wait, what, where???" I start moving my head around while trying to search for a gorgeous girl. "Wait is that her over there front row bang next to Miss Radleys desk?"
"Wow you got her first try now keep it quiet or she might be able to hear us." His voice starts to get quieter.
"Ok, ok I'll finally shut up but I'm definitely talking to her at the end of the lesson."
"Oh why? She doesn't even know you so she might not even talk to you."
"Well I'm going to take my chances and talk to her in 45 minutes."
"Fine but don't mess up my relationship."
"Oh I won't you seem perfect for each other and I only know what she looks like."
"Thanks." Joey starts to blush while he turns to look towards her.
"Chloe, Joey! Please shush while you do your starter."
"Oh yes. Sorry miss we will get right on it."
"Good" she replies as her hand picks up some papers.
I smile at Joey and turn towards the back to have a peek at Ben. We both catch eyesight and so I can feel myself start to blush. I turn away so he doesn't notice but I'm pretty sure anyone could see it from a mile away.
For the rest of the lesson, me and my new friend Joey talk about family business and we get on with our work so Miss Radley doesn't shout at us again.