Chapter 2

As Ben started walking away the door to Mrs Coopers office sprung open as she popped out of the doorway with a smile on her face. She looked happy, she didn't show any single sad emotion at all and I didn't get any upset or bad vibes from her. She was a little taller then me as I was pretty small so she must've been about 5ft 4 maybe 5ft 5. I mean I was only 5ft 3 myself, as I said I am only small for my age. She was a little chubby but not much it made her look like a really comfy teddy bear. She was really pretty though and her makeup was applied really well. I may need to take some lessons from her.
"Hi are you Chloe Carter?"
"Hi, yes I'm Chloe, You must be Mrs Cooper, am I right?"
"Yes I'm Mrs Cooper. Come on in Chloe and tell me a bit about yourself and then I'll give you your timetable so you can get to your lessons."
"Ok. That would be great." As me and Mrs Cooper walked into her office, I saw a desk with a lot of stationary on it and some draws in the desk. I'm sure the draws contained all of her stuff and there was some file cabinets next to her desk and her chair. There was a window next to the file cabinets which allowed anyone to look outside and to check on the field and the football pitch. There was a few tall and small plants scattered around the room as well as a couple of cacti on Mrs Coopers desk.
"So Chloe, please a take a seat and just wait a minute until I find your file to see how well you were doing in your last school." She said, while she looked through her file cabinets quickly trying to find a file with all my information.
"Ok. Wow these seats are really comfy. At my last school they were really hard and they would always hurt my back when I sat on them. Are these seats in all classes or just in this room?"
"Those seats are unfortunately only in teachers offices or in any staff rooms. Us teachers are lucky as we have them in our lessons as well as our rooms." She expressed as she pulled out a file which had my name written on it and placed it on her desk.
"So what do you teach Mrs Cooper?"
"I teach French because I absolutely love it and I love going on adventures to cities in France and I love learning about new things."
"Wow Mrs Cooper that is great because I love French too. Do you think that I will have you for French or will I have a different teacher?" I ask as I finally have another smile on my face.
"Reading this file will tell me most things about you so I know which classes you will be in, considering how well you did in those lessons in your old school. If you are really good at French then you are most likely going to be in my class because I teach the best class as I am the most qualified." She replies as she flips through the file reading most of the details about me. Luckily I don't think those files will reveal why I left my old school which is down to the video that got released.
"So which classes will I be in Mrs Cooper?" I said with a little bit of fear and nervousness in my voice. I hope I'm in Bens classes so I can get to know him more and hopefully we could possibly get closer than just friends.
"Wow Miss Carter you are incredibly smart aren't you? This file is telling me you got really high scores on the majority of tests that you did which then means that you are probably in top set for every class. Well done smart arse. Don't tell any teachers I said arse in front of you will you? I'm not really supposed to!" She answers as she starts to giggle because she said arse in front of a new student.
"Thanks, my teachers back at my old school kept saying that I needed to step it up because my grades were getting lower but they must've been lying. It's fine Mrs Cooper I won't tell anyone. So far you are the only teacher I have met and I'm glad my day is starting off good."
"Ah thank you that is very nice of you. Now I'm just going to start my laptop up so I can print out your timetable. It should be coming out of the printer any second now." Just as she finished speaking a piece of paper, which obviously looked like my new timetable popped out of the printer right on time."There we are, now in around 5 minutes the bell should go off to certify everyone to start making there way to form, which is a little 20 minute small class where you shall introduce yourself. Your form tutor shall then answer any questions that you or any other form students have about school in the next week. Luckily you have Mrs Riley who is probably nicer than me so I think you will have a lovely time. She is also a French teacher who teaches second set and her room is in 253. She is probably my most trusted colleague. Anyway of you go and try and find your form class, and maybe make some friends on your way there. If you ever feel anxious, depressed, stressed, you have any other emotional or any type of issues, then you can come to me because I'm like your little fairy godmother, or otherwise known as a PAIA which stands for a Problems And Issues Advisor. I hope you have a good first day and if you need any help finding classrooms come to me, another teacher or student and I'm sure we will help you find your way. Have fun!"
"Thank you Mrs Cooper you are very nice. I guess I'll see you in French or somewhere wondering around school. Bye!"
"Oh wait Miss Carter I nearly forgot, you need to know which locker is yours and what your combination is.
"There are lockers here. Well thank you for catching me before I left, I guess I could empty a few things out of my bag."
"Thank you for walking away slower than everyone else. Ok so your locker is number 111 which should be out of my office, to the end of the hall, turn right, go to the end of that hall and then your first locker on the right."
"Thank you Mrs Cooper again have a good day!"
"You too bye Miss Carter!"