1. THE VISIT

"Now, please listen carefully. Don't think that your connections and the position of a large company manager will help. We have some connections too, well, you know ... "

Felix Blums, a well-known and respected Latvian businessman, sat at his desk in his Riga office and, was stunned by the unexpected intrusion. He felt like observing from aside of what just happened, and could not move. He knew ..

"If you want to make profit from the tender you just won, write down this account number. It belongs to a Panama offshore Jacob Trade – you have to pay your tax here. I'll send you later – how much."

Felix's fingers clenched his fist more and more. Despite his notable dimensions, Felix knew that his hands were tied, because the backup of the uninvited guests was quite impressive - both in the police and with the politicians. Felix usually didn't have to look far in his pocket to find uncensored words, but this time he was silent. Maybe it would be even better to pay the required amount rather than to risk losing the contract with the state cherished for years.

"I understand," Felix replied submissively. "And I know about your backup. But where are the guarantees?"

"Believe me, there will be no business, if the amount we demand does not hit our account. You have three days to think it over."

Felix did not know the thug who had just broke into the office, but he heard the rules of the game from the other businessmen working with public tenders. The news that an unpleasant visit might be expected came not only from them, but also hit his inbox:

"From: Help911

To: Felix Blums

Subject: Formalities

Hi, Felix!

My sincere congratulations on winning the public tender. I have to agree that your company was the best choice. Well, you just have to go through some formalities. In order to sign the contract, it would be necessary to meet and discuss opportunities to share your happiness a bit.

Sincerely, TP "

Felix, without thinking much, pressed the answer button and sent a short message:

"From: Felix Blums

To: Help911

Subject: Formalities

Go to hell! "