Chapter Six - Finally

Lútharían P.O.V

I sit in the window looking out at the forest. It is late at night but I am not able to fall asleep. After I escaped to the garden I stayed there for what felt like an eternity. When I went back into the halls it was dead silent, and I knew that the feast would be nearing its end. I quickly went to my room, and thankfully I went unnoticed. I start fiddling with the buttons of my dress, it takes a lot longer than I wish but I finally get them undone. I take the dress off and hang it up in my wardrobe and reach for my nightgown. It is a light pink dress that stops just above my knees. The sleeves are short and rest below my shoulder. The top part of the gown is lace so it is fairly see-through, and in the front it dips down and stops just above my bellybutton. Linnoriel had this and several others made after I had told her about my engagement to the king. It was left behind when I traveled back to Lothlorien after we broke it off that day in the woods. But as I was back I figured I could use them. Since the chances of getting to use them for their real purpose seemed slim when I can here a few days ago. I wrap my arms around me. The air is fairly warm and yet I feel very cold. I focus my attention back outside. From my window can see the big gardens that belong to the King's halls. It is not the small, secluded garden built around my painting, but a big garden that is commonly used by most royals and visitors who enters here. I have yet to visit them since my return. I shift my gaze upwards. Most of the forest is so thick that the sky is hidden. But the palace is built close to a clearing. And that is where the big garden is placed, so from my window I can actually see the stars. They shine brightly, more so tonight than usual. The stars were for the majority of our courting period something we had a special connection to. I first meet Thranduil in Lothlorien, and we quickly discovered that we shared a bond. I was devastated when he had to return to Mirkwood. Or Greenwood at it was known then. But he had smiled that dazzling smile and tilted my chin upwards. "Look up my darling. We are walking under the same stars, and I shall look up at them from my chamber and we shall be together through them, even when we are apart." I can still hear his voice as clear as the day he spoke those words. At the memory, the aching of my heart grows. How can we, who started out in such a lovely way, have had this long and painful journey. The answer was simple. Orpher had brought much sorrow with his meddling, both for us and many others. As I sit under the stars I can't help but wonder; maybe that was why my naneth had such a sorrowful look in her eyes when I told her I had met the young prince. 'Did she know?' I know there is no use in wondering anymore. "It is in the past. And no amount of wishing will change anything". I speak out loud as if hearing it will somehow convince me. I pick up the robe I have had laying on the windowsill and wrap it around me. And a soft knock on the door startles me.

Thranduil P.O.V
I lay in bed unable to sleep. I am haunted by the memory of holding Lútharían in my arms as we danced. She has always been breathtakingly beautiful, but tonight she looked ethereal. Holding her close for that long again was like a dream. She smelled heavenly, the sweet floral smell that suits her so well clouded my senses as I held her. How I wish I could have danced with her all night, held her close, and basked in her beauty. However, I knew that would be foolish. And if it one thing I cannot afford to be now it is that. Although I fear I might have been more foolish than I thought possible. When she left the table I was worried I might have been too reserved in my response when she showed me her emotions. Oh, how I wanted to tell her everything, to show her how much she means to me there and then. But I knew I could not. Everyone was observing us, and I knew that she would regret it. She might have become used to being the center of attention. However she has always been reserved when it comes to emotions, and I am fairly certain she would not be pleased had I acted on my emotions there on the dancefloor. Although the memories from the dance have been haunting me there is something else that plagues my thoughts and keeps sleep away.