Five

Every lover is, in his heart, a madman, and, in his head, a minstrel. ❞ — Neil Gaiman, Stardust

A/N: Thank you for all your nice comments; they truly make my day <3

Oikawa ran a hand through his sweaty bangs, pushing them up before letting them tumble back to kiss his flushed skin. And while the morning dew prickled his senses, he continued staring dazedly at the ground, unable to get the picturesque image out of his head.

Frustration throttled within him, because even admist sword training, Sayo was all that resided in his mind.

At this point, he was nearly certain that she and midnight intruder were the same person for the sole reason that they both were the only ones to torture him in such a way, plaguing his thoughts.

'Would it make sense for a noble lady to visit his room so late at night without notice?'

Definitely not, unless she were trying to steal something - which would then turn the conversation to thievery.

'But what a pretty thief.'

Oikawa groaned in disbelief of his own thoughts, peeved that was the first thing his mind could jump to - despite it being admittedly true.

(she really was the prettiest thief he'd ever seen)

"What's wrong with ya?"

The heavy accent was an idiosyncrasy he knew too well, and as a pair of cladded feet entered his view, the brunette glanced up. "I know I'm better, but y'er usually not this shitty."

Oikawa's brows furrowed at the comment, and he glowered, "I'm not shitty!"

Clang!

"Oh really?" A wide grin swept over Atsumu's face as their swords clashed, a taunting glimmer in his eyes.

Prove it.

Being as observant as he was, Oikawa immediately picked up on the unspoken message. His grip eased as he relaxed, letting an imperious leer etch itself onto his features, "you better not cry again."

"I was six!"

"So?"

Atsumu scowled, ending their banter with another series of quick slashes. Despite the last statement irking him, he brushed it aside in exchange for Oikawa's sobriety: now that the latter was fighting seriously and not being all wistful, Atsumu could actually focus on releasing some steam.