Switch mentality

When midnight comes, (y/n) awake from her slumber by the moonlight that shines through the window, she can feel her magic coming back to her little by little, like drops of water filling a bottle.

"Yes, The moonlight!"

The sources of feminine energy are from the moon, sacred and mystical, basking in it directly might help her regain her powers faster. But how to get out of this luxury manor without getting caught?

(Y/n) tiptoed out of her room, the lights in the hallway were all out, which means everyone already fell asleep. Now it's her chance

"Why are you up at night? You need a lot of rest for tomorrow"

'Bucciarati! Why do you have to keep interrupting my glorious moment?!'

Screaming in her head like an angry bear, but seeing no point in keeping the truth from him, the witch tells Bruno about her condition and needs.

"I see, but I must accompany you. I believe you understand why"

Nodded, she allows the taller man to lead her downstairs and outside. Cold winds of the night blew past the door, carried the same familiar smell in the air to her.

"Thank you, Bucciarati. And...umm I just want to say, I'm sorry for the troubles I caused you"

Bucciarati is quiet for a moment, and then he let out a little laugh.

"It's nothing really, you were just so upset that's all"

"You are not angry?"

"No, why would I? In fact, you have the right to be angry, I lied that I was your husband to get information, assaulted and kidnapped you"

But it is also his job, Bucciarati had no choice, he has many mouths to feed. With the returning magic, she closes her eyes and puts her hands together.

"What are you doing?"

He summons his stand, but she only smiles with eyes closed and reply

"An apology gift"

A yellow light emanating from her hands, and when both hands removed from one another, hundreds of fireflies burst out from the ball of glowing light.

The flickering yellow glow from fireflies reflected in mystified, unblinking sapphire orbs. Those parted lips look delicious, but (y/n) wouldn't dare make such a comment in front of him. Bucciarati's blue eyes darted from one little glow bug to another, He has never seen fireflies before. Without Bruno's knowing, his stand reaches out to the cluster of fireflies on its own like a curious child.

"Incredible"

He said, Bruno was a fisherman's son, he never went out of Naples when he was a child, and full-time work in Passione never allowed him to go out on vacation anywhere.

"Italy has many undisturbed natural areas, there are many fireflies in this country"

"I have my burdens here in Passione"

"Have your family ever brought you out"

"My father had to work every day and I had to help him. My mother left when I was seven, we were not rich enough to have fun like wealthy family"

An awkward silence filled the air afterward, she feels guilty a little to remind him of his pain in the past. But she didn't know that, so...

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Please, it's alright. You said it yourself"

"Huh?"

"The past cannot be changed, all you can do is make the future better"