The Blame - Chapter 3

Y/n ended up falling asleep at Tommy's house from a combination of stress and just plain tiredness. She yawned quietly and started climbing the ladder, walking towards L'manburg. She got to the top of the staircase before stopping abruptly.

"What the hell?!" She ran towards the now walled-in country, running her hand against the rocky obsidian. She could hear the angry and confused voices of Tubbo and Big Q on the other side. "Guys?" Y/n yelled to get their attention.

"Y/n?" Tubbo said from behind the wall

"Tubbo, what is this wall? Why is this here?"

"That's exactly what I want to know!"

Y/n dug a small hole in the wall. "I haven't seen you in a while so I came to L'manburg, but this isn't what I was expecting..." she looked through the window of the camarvan to see Quackity yelling at Tommy. Her eyes narrowed, she knew why the walls were there, and she knew who put the walls up too.

"Y/n, let's get inside the van, Fundy will be here soon," Tubbo said. She nodded but didn't go into the van yet.

"Y/n, do you know what happened to my house?" George was there. She froze.

"Something happened to your house?" She played dumb.

"Yeah, it was burnt and robbed. Dream said it was Tommy." Of course Dream said it was Tommy. He wasn't wrong per-se, but Dream was always out to get Tommy in one way or another, and it pissed Y/n off.

"Is that why there are walls around L'manburg?" George nodded. She looked at the town center, more specifically Ranboo. He didn't have his sunglasses on. His eyes were heterochromatic, one green, and one red. They looked really pretty.

Ranboo gave Y/n a worried look, basically asking if she was okay. She nodded and waved. He waved back, still looking concerned. Tommy, Quackity, Tubbo, and Fundy exited the camarvan. "Let's go speak to Dream," Tubbo suggested. No one answered, but everyone followed.

"What are you doing here, Y/n?" Tommy asked.

"Tommy, I can't go one day without waking up and being pissed at my brother," she admitted. They were far enough behind the others now that they wouldn't hear, "Tommy, they have no idea Ranboo and I were involved, they've tunnel-visioned on you. I would take the blame from you, but they wouldn't care, they would just punish us both. If Ranboo gets blamed, I'm gonna take the heat for him."

"But Y/n-"

"No, Tommy, I'm gonna take the criticism for him, and that's final, no objections. His life is probably worth 3 times as much as mine, so it'll be more beneficial."

"I won't argue with you, but I will argue that your life is equal to or higher than everyone's, at least agree to that," Tommy hated when she put herself down like that.

"I would be lying if I said I agree with you," she said in a monotone voice.

"Tch. Look, it's the green bastard."

"Dream. Why did you build these walls around L'manburg?" Tubbo asked. Ghostbur was saying the other day how everyone seemed to prefer him dead than alive, but if Y/n were being honest, even in Wilbur's slightly psychotic state, she would have preferred him as the president.

"Just as an incentive," Dream looked at Y/n. She longed to rip that patronizing smile off his face. He knew she helped, but he was waiting to see if she would throw herself under the bus to save Ranboo. He knew her more than she knew herself, "If Tommy doesn't get punished for griefing George's house soon, the walls will expand."

Tubbo thought it over for a moment, "Let's go to the courthouse."

Once the group arrived, Tommy was put in a holding cell. Quackity was speaking to him. Y/n was sat next to Ranboo, they were both on edge. "Tommy, I'm on your side, but I have to be unbiased as possible. George, if you would like to explain what happened."