announcement

hello everyone! unfortunately this isn't a new chapter but i'd still like for you to read it, in the fact that it's important.

the story will now cease to be updated, i'm discontinuing it.

reason number one, the haikyuu fandom has gained quite a repulsive reputation, even to me. now i know that a fandom shouldn't change your opinion on a show or anime, as long as you like it, and that holds true. i won't stop enjoying haikyuu, nor will i get rid of my jerseys or remove the manga from my wishlist. however, i've chosen to stop interacting with the fandom. especially with writing a story that could lead to requests for nsfw writing (which i don't do, nor will i ever publish. i don't enjoy sexualizing minors, sorry.)

the 17k reads and being #21 for haikyuu mafia is insane, so thank you. but this story was originally released simply to show off my writing skills, because i'm quite proud of how they've developed over the past few months. i'm also proud of how i've grown as a person. i find less and less tolerable for the way i'm treated, i know my boundaries and how to set them. i've grown as a writer, i've started developing a passion for film and music again, and i love the many different aspects of me as a person, that i couldn't bear to embrace even a few months ago.

i've thrown praise from others out the window, and won't hesitate to let myself be as i am. my tiktok is almost at 800 followers, and one of my videos got over 50k views, so that was quite nice! i don't think i'll put my tiktok out here, because i don't see it as a crave for followers, but more about the love for those who discover my content and enjoy it when i post what i like.

i've branched out more in fashion, music, hobbies, and just pure self love in the past year, more than i ever thought i would.

as i stated earlier, i originally started this to show off my passion for writing, and by no means have i lost that passion, i'm just more focused on compiling it into different things. one of my goals for next year is to compile enough short writings to create a small book, not for publishing, but purely for myself to see how i've grown. much like how an artist keeps a sketchbook and dates their pieces, i'd like to be able to observe how ill grow as a writer in 2021.

now, i know i'm not famous, nor would anyone consider me an influencer, and i'm not holding myself to that level in my mind. however, i do know that there are people who liked to read my stories, and so i'm sorry. however, i started to realize that it just wasn't fun for me anymore. i don't even read any fanfiction in my spare time, it's just become more of a useless app for me.

i've now found more diverse hobbies than before, i still do enjoy watching anime and reading manga, but as i said earlier, i've seen myself grow. and at this point, i feel that i've grown out of writing fanfiction, and while it's cool to be recognized, i don't want to be recognized for something i'm not in love with. why work a job that pays well if you're suffering everyday while doing so? i'd rather do something i feel myself thriving in, even if i'm never paid a single cent.

i hope you can all respect my decision, and even if you don't, it's not changing my mind.

genuinely, thank you for the experience, the reads, the comments, i appreciated them all. (ok not the ones with the dry nicknames y'all get on my nerves. i'm looking at you flattykawa and sugamama preachers) but i genuinely did appreciate the fact that you guys liked my writing.
i wish you all a wonderful new year.
- mouse (they/she)