STOPPING IT ALL AT ONCE

Sol's starting to hide itself on the horizon that causes the beautiful shade combination of red and blue in the sky.

Luna and its followers setting to arise brightly on the coast to be the guardians of the night sky.

The cold wind makes my hair dances together with the ocean waves.

The honks of cars behind.

The sound of footsteps from a few passersby.

And the rusty smell of iron in my hand, because of the railings I'm holding.

A perfect time to end everything at once,

I'm about to stop every thought inside my mind when she suddenly appears.

With her hair in a messy bun, wearing a white shirt, loose pants, and a pair of slipper holding two disposable cups of drinks in her both hands, which I guess is a coffee, because of the smell of freshly ground coffee beans.

"Not doing great?" She asked.

I ignored her, put my left foot on the metal bar below to continue what I'm about to do.

"Will it really ends everything?" I don't know who she is, but what she said stopped me.

"Yes, it's the only answer I know to stop the pain inside," I answered and look at the dots of light that starts to appear in the sky.

"Here, take it." She said while handing me the coffee in her right hand.

"I never share my coffee with anyone, so you better get it before I change my mind."I frowned.

"I'm just kidding, here take it before it gets cold, coffee's better when it's warm," she said and smile.

I don't know why I grab the coffee and smile back, and somewhat I feel warmer after holding the cup.She faces the ocean, put her elbows on the railings, left foot on the metal bar below, and sip on the cup she's holding.

"Treasuring something badly? AndPutting it in a room to keep it safe,To the point of you don't want to show it to anybody? Its okay,You know?"

I didn't answer.

I don't even know what she's talking about, I just copied her position and drank the coffee in my hand.

"I don't know your story and what you've been through but that?"She said while pointing in my chest and smile.

"That pain? That broken part of yours? ,You don't have to treasure it all to yourself forever,You can always share it with anyone to make some more space for more treasure in that room of yours." She added.

I look at her, but she's facing the ocean again.The sky is getting darker and darker, which makes the city lights on the right side visible.Some glint of lights from the moon touches some part of her face that makes her look like glowing.

"Try to look for something that will make you warm,Don't stay too long on the cold side,It's always better on the warm side", she said and smiled widely.

I can't speak nor answer.My mouth just suddenly went dry and stopped functioning.I keep thinking about what she just said, and I can see her smile after saying each of those phrases that make me stop talking even more.She has this kind of aura that will make you believe in her.

"It's getting late, I need to go," she said and started walking on the same direction she's heading before, but

She suddenly stopped after a few steps and faced my direction and says.

"I forgot to tell you I'm not kidding earlier."

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

She smiles again.

"I don't share my coffee with anybody since it's one of my treasures, but I shared it to you just now, it didn't lessen my treasure room, but I hope it lessens yours," she said and started walking again, but after a few more steps she stopped and faced my way one more time.

"One last thing, not everyone is willing to share you their coffee, so start looking for something that will make you warm during this cold part of life." Then once again, she smiles and walks away, waving her hand until she disappears by my sight.

It hits me.

Everything she said hits me hard,

and I only realize it now.

I keep hiding every negative feeling inside me and let it eats me whole.

She's right,I stayed too long on the colder side,Forgetting I can make my fireplace to warm myself.I looked at the cup of coffee in my hand and smile.

"Thank you! I don't personally know you, but thank you for this coffee."

-mist