The Plans of a New Future

The devils before Issei could not help but stare with mouths agape at the arm he held over his head. All three of them were beyond surprised as they should be.

On his newly regenerated arm was a black and purple version of the Boosted Gear.

"An...Infinity Gear?" Vali was absolutely stunned, as were the girls. To request one of the most powerful beings, The Dragon God of Infinity; The True Black Dragon God Emperor; The Ouroboros Dragon, to reside within their soul...!

'Albion, if there's anything I learned from this host, its that if a fool is foolish enough, he'll achieve the impossible!'

The impossible...truly, what Ddraig said back then could not have been more accurate.

Issei could feel his body growing cooler by the second, the overwhelming power gradually receding from where it came. Confident that his life was no longer in danger, he lowered his black and purple gauntlet to gaze at it closer. It really looked a lot like the Boosted Gear, the only differences were that the jewel was purple and the gauntlet was black with purple markings comparable to that of the Boosted Gear. Hell, even the markings were the same as the Boosted Gear.

It had a very nostalgic feeling to it, like it was a perfect fit. There wasn't any inclination that his gear was out like he did with Ddraig. With the Welsh Dragon, he could always tell when the Boosted Gear was active or not. With this... Vali said something about an Infinity Gear? Not only did the name sound catchy, but with the only outward difference between the two gears being coloration, the name made sense. He liked it.

This Infinity Gear felt so natural, like it was a perfect fit, conformed to him whereas he had to conform to the Boosted Gear.

'That is only natural.' The jewel glowed and the voice of the Infinite Dragon God could be heard inside of the boy's head. 'When you were bonded to Ddraig, his power could only be called on when you desired it. My strength, however, is always there. Infinity cannot be contained unless I allow it."

'Guess that makes sense.' The reincarnated dragon thought. 'So, how is it? Do you finally have the silence you have been looking for?' This was one of the few worries he had left. If Ophis was dissatisfied, he couldn't exactly stop her from leaving and putting him back in that death-like state.

'Yes. At long last, I have attained silence. Thank you, Issei Hyoudou, for helping me accomplish what I desired most.'

'Hey, I should be the one thanking you. I only escaped certain death because of you.' At this point, that was the boy's greatest relief. There have been too many attempts on his life ever since he joined the world of the supernatural. Raynare's light spear, Riser's one attempt at killing Rias' peerage, Loki, and everything in-between. In two of those numerous attempts, he actually did die. What just recently transpired could be considered a third attempt on his life, despite it being his own.

How many more times would death try to take him?

Issei shook his head at such unpleasant thoughts. 'Well, I should head over to the others.' Just as he was about to do just that, Ophis spoke once again.

'Issei, listen to me carefully.' Ophis told him, making the boy pause in his actions. 'Because you are now a full dragon, you will always be releasing more draconic energy in comparison to what you were before. Forces both positive and negative are going to be drawn towards you at an even greater scale."

This was most certainly a cause for concern. Issei could feel how weak had become. He was much stronger with Ddraig.

Must be a side effect from the fusion, he reasoned.