Chapter 4

Alexandra POV

The days and the drive passed by slowly but we had finally arrived at Race-wars. So much was happening in one place. After we unloaded everything my parents told me the three rules. One: don't go anywhere without someone I knew, two: don't talk to strangers, and three: stay by the camper.

I was sitting in the camper playing a board game with Aunt Mia, Mom had just left for her race and all the boys except Brian were outside talking. Brian wasn't here yet and I could tell Aunt Mia would rather be talking to him than playing a board game. So for the sake of everyone I told Aunt Mia I was done playing the game, which she seemed fine with. Aunt Mia and I walked outside and over to the tent all the boys were under, I saw my Dad sitting in a chair drinking a beer. I ran up to him and sat down on his lap. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Hey Kiddo, are you having fun?" he asked.

"Yeah, I am waiting on Mom to get back" I replied happily.

"Why is that?" he asked probably wondering if I needed help.

"I want to know if she won," I said

He laughed "It is your mom. Do you think she is going to let anyone here beat her?"

"No," I said smiling.

"Your Mom never lets anyone except you beat her," Dad said and he was right Mom didn't lose often, and when she did she made sure it wasn't by much. Just as I said that she pulled up in her car. She got out smiling. Everyone stopped talking.

"Well?" Dad spoke up.

"I got two grand. Was there ever a doubt?" she said sassily.

"Nope" I spoke up. She smiled down at me.

"Come help me," she told me I shot up and ran to follow her. We walked into the camper. While we were in there she made me and her some lunch and told me about her race.

As we were finishing lunch Uncle Jesse came in to get his pink slip for his race and hurried out the door. Mom and I walked out and went out to the tent everyone was supposed to be sitting under but only Dad and Uncle Vince were there plus a whole bunch of people wanting to talk to my Dad and girls flirting with Uncle Vince. I saw the car Brian and Dad had been working on so I knew he was here somewhere. Mom and I sat down and waited for Uncle Jesse to finish his race.

A few minutes later Uncle Leon walked up to all of us and said "Yo! Heads up. We got problems" Uncle Vince, Dad, Mom, and I all shot up and walked over to where Uncle Leon was looking.

"What?" Dad said.

"Jesse" Uncle Leon responded. In the distance, you could see his white car driving away.

"Where is Jesse going?" Dad asked.

"He just raced Tran for slips" Uncle Leon responded.

"Oh, shit," Dad said.

"What is going on?" I asked. It was silent no one answered my question.

A man in a blue car pulled up to where we were all standing. Mom pushed me in front of her to where I was in the middle of a circle surrounded by my parents, Uncle Leon, and Uncle Vince.

"What is going on?" I whispered to her.

"I will explain later, baby, just be quiet for now" she whispered back.

The man got out of his car and angrily slammed the car door "Where is he going?" he said as he walked towards us.

"He went to the car wash" Dad responded.