❝ Applications ❞

RULES & NOTES

ONE
This apply fic is set in the late 1920s-30s, when Tom Riddle is in his last years at Hogwarts. Although some scenes will take place within Hogwarts, much of it will be focused on pureblood lives outside of school.

This fic will be mature. There will be depictions of exploitation, violence, sex, drug misuse, homophobia and so on, which was pretty much rife in the twenties. Don't say I didn't warn you lol.

TWO
The Sacred 28 is a list of the wizarding families deemed pureblooded by the 1930s. The names are:

Abbott, Avery, Black, Bulstrode, Burke, Carrow, Crouch, Fawley, Flint, Gaunt, Greengrass, Lestrange, Longbottom, Macmillan, Malfoy, Nott, Ollivander, Parkinson, Prewett, Rosier, Rowle, Selwyn, Shacklebolt, Shafiq, Slughorn, Travers, Weasley, and Yaxley.

I encourage you to choose from these, but if you want you may create your own/choose other names suggested as pureblood like Zabini, Potter, Crabbe etc

You're welcome to apply to any family you want, and please factor in the rest of the characters in that family. They can be siblings, cousins etc. Because of the story line, I will not be accepting any other Gaunts, and probably fewer members of the Black family because there are quite a lot in the canon already.

THREE
Although this fic revolves around pureblood society, your characters don't have to be purebloods, but they'd probably be pretending to be (at least to some extent) in order to be around these characters. But some Muggle-Borns and half-bloods would definitely be good for drama and love interests. You could even create a servant of one of the families as a character, that could cause lots of drama.

FOUR
Love interests. Don't expect Tom Riddle to love you back. You may put him if you want, but it'll be unrequited.

But you're welcome to put any of the other characters, or leave it open for other people's OCs. I expect plenty of drama and scandal.

FIVE
Please choose appropriate face claims, i.e. people who have images that look like they could have existed in the 1920s/30s. This does not mean they have to actually be from the 30s or have to have a particularly retro look (although actors who have played characters from the past would be ideal).

What I do mean, is that they need to have images that would be appropriate for making aesthetics - aka, images that don't look like they've had six filters applied or tons of obvious modern makeup. Actors and models are generally ideal for this. I would advise against Instagram models and Tiktok stars, and generally musicians unless they have dramatic images/gifs. Please also make sure they are age appropriate. They don't have to be exactly the characters age, but will ask you to suggest someone else if they don't look the right age (for example, don't be using Nina Dobrev for a fifteen year old).

Although it would be nice if they had gifs, I'd rather you prioritise showing underused face claims, not the same old Ben Barnes as your posh boy and Tashi Rodriguez as your token PoC. For the love of god, don't whitewash everything. I think we've moved beyond an all-white cast in a period drama. And by diversity, I also mean in character. You'll have a higher chance of being chosen if your character is nuanced and a little different the other applications so far. Ya get me? Password is which of the characters you are most intrigued by, and share this on your mb. If you want any help with Male face claims, I have a pretty extensive resource which I can use to help with some suggestions!