coming home (c.d.)

note: this is kind of an AU

••••••••••••••

~ (y/n)'s pov ~ 

"Hermonieeee," I called out to my friend as she walked back to the bar-side seating, "let's go dance!" I giggled out. 

"Yes!" Hermonie laughed and grabbed my wrist. 

We must have been dancing for hours because as we were walking out of the pub to walk home my feet started to ache. I sat on the curb and pulled on the straps of my small heels. The cold cement was rough under my feet as I stumbled behind Hermonie. 

As we got to Ottery St Catchpole Hermonie walked up the steps to her house as I continued to the cab service. Walking not even half a mile felt like three miles to my cold, tired feet. 

I soon got a cab and was driven home to my love. Cedric Diggory. Ugh- now the fire whiskey kicks in. I rolled my eyes as I felt a light pounding in my head. The cab driver could not have driven any slower at midnight. I just wanted to be home with Cedric. Merlin, he would know how to make feel better. Oh well, more fire whiskey will have to do for now.

••••••••••••••

"Thank you sir!" I yelled out to the cab driver. I held my shoes in my hand while I walked up to door of the small house Cedric and I shared. As the newest member of the Diggory family I can attest to the fact that they are all sweet and caring. Ced loves me and I love him, I could not ask for a better husband. 

Once I got in the house I immediately unzipped my tight skirt and left it at the door. I heard Cedric's soft snores from the living room couch. My stomach growled loudly -- subconsciously I walked towards the kitchen. 

Food. Oh Merlin, food.

As I opened the fridge warm arms wrapped around my waist. "Hello love." It was Cedric.

"Mm Ced, I'm hungry." I pouted as I leaned back into his tall frame.

"Oh (y/n/n), how much fire whiskey did you drink with Hermonie?" I was barely able to process his question -- it took me a minute to think before I finally answered: "Too much Ced."

"Did you have a good time at least?" Cedric turned me around in his arms so I was now facing him. 

"Yes, but I never want to dance again." I had to bite down on my lower lip to stop myself from smiling at his obnoxious grin -- he always seemed to enjoy when I was drunk or even hungover for some weird reason it was something he loved to tease me about. 

"Alright my sweet (y/n) one last question. Where's your skirt?" His Diggory smirk seemed to only grow as I struggled to remember that I had taken it off and was now walking around in my underwear. 

"Um- I uh, shit- I think I..." I honestly could not remember what I had done since I got out of the cab. "I don't know Ced." The pout reformed on my lips.

"It's okay love, we can find it in the morning. Okay?" Cedric brushed some of my hair out of my face as he smiled down at me. 

"Okay." I said softly as Cedric held my face in his hands. 

"Let's get you cleaned up and then I'll get you something to eat." Cedric's voice was soft and caring as he took my hand in his own. 

We walked slowly to the bathroom -- my stumbling did not help us go any faster. As we reached the bathroom that is connected to our bedroom Cedric flicked his wand to light up the bathroom. I immediately groaned at the brightness of the room. "Up you go love."

Cedric lifted me from my comfortable spot on the toilet seat to help me brush my teeth. "Ced no, I can't just- no." I pouted at my husband -- oh poor Cedric, he had to deal with my constant pouting and slightly drunken state. 

"Come on," Cedric had grabbed onto my waist and pulled me into him as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror -- simply staring at my messy hair and tired expression. "(y/n) love, you can't just stand here all night. Can you brush your teeth yourself, or do you need me?"

"I need you Cedric." Unfortunately those words came out in a whiny tone that I was trying to avoid. 

Cedric grabbed my toothbrush and guided my hand around in different motions. He was always so gentle when I needed his help. My eyelids felt heavy as my blinking began to get slower. Cedric shook my body a little to help me stay awake. "Ced-" I huffed out as I tried to pull the toothbrush away from my mouth. "Almost done." He kept my hand in place as I finished up brushing.

As I leaned over to spit out the foamy paste Cedric pulled my hair out of my face. After the long process of brushing one's teeth I walked out of the bathroom with Cedric right behind me. I started to walk towards our bed but Cedric was quick to guide me to the closet. 

"Cedric...what are you doing?" I furrowed my brows as a small pout started to form on my lips. 

"Lift your arms." Cedric still had not answered my question as he lifted my shirt over my head. I shivered at the feeling of cold air. Goosebumps started to form on my torso and up my chest. 

"It will only be cold for a minute love..." Cedric's voice trailed off as he concentrated on finding me something to wear. He held up his old quidditch jumper from when we were in Hogwarts. As he walked closer to me he asked me a simple question but nonetheless a question that even my drunken self could understand. 

"Will you wear my Diggory jumper?" He chuckled as it took me a minute to remember that when he asked me that same question all those years ago at Hogwarts. 

 ~ flashback ~

It was the second task. You remember finally waking up and being cold, hearing loud cheers and shouts of "Diggory". 

"W- what happened Ced?" Your teeth chattered as you looked up at your tall Hufflepuff. 

"You were in the lake (y/n) but you're safe now, it's okay love." Cedric wrapped his arms around your frame tighter than before. You shivered still even though you were chest to chest with Cedric. 

The tall boy let go of you for merely a second to take something from another boy. It was a new jumper. Bright yellow with a small badger patch on the chest. His last name clearly marking it as his own jumper. He came back to your shivering body and asked: "Will you wear my Diggory jumper?" 

~ end ~

As I remembered that day I smiled up at Cedric and practically ran into his chest. "Yes Ced." You mewled softly at your husband. He pulled it over my head as I slipped my arms through the sleeves. The bright yellow faded over the years and the badger patch was re-sewn onto the jumper at least three or four times now; but I loved it. 

"Can you pick up your feet for a second?" Cedric asked me as he sunk onto his knees to help me put on a pair of lounging shorts. I hummed in response and slowly put my feet through the leg holes in the shorts. 

Cedric's long fingers ran up my legs as he pulled the shorts up and finally stopping at my hips. His strong hands rested on my hips as I leaned into his chest -- hiding my face. "I'm tired," I mumbled before a long yawn escaped my mouth. 

"I know love, come on." Cedric pulled away from me and pulled me towards our bed. When I got to the edge of the bed he pulled back the comforter and pulled me into the bed. I sighed in content as my body was enveloped by the sheets. Cedric crawled under the sheets after me and turned to face me. 

"Do you need anything else my love?" He asked in soft tone.

"Just cuddles," I sighed out, "please?" I let my eyes flutter close as he ran a hand over my cheekbone. 

"Of course." He kissed my forehead before capturing my lips in a sweet and gentle kiss. 

"Mm, you're a good kisser Cedric Diggory." I let my eyes close once more after the kiss. He chuckled lightly at my comment and laid on his back. I scooted closer to his body and wrapped my arms around his torso as I nuzzled my head into his neck. 

"Good night love, sweet dreams."