Chapter 20

The rest of the class went by slowly, and you stood with Shinso and Yoarashi until everyone's teams had finished the exercise. You stood with your arms crossed, your emotions marinating in you. Once you were dismissed you turned to leave without a word to anyone, making your way back to your dorm you swiftly changed and left the dorm and started running. You figured physical exertion would be the only thing to get your mind off of how you felt. You put in your headphones turning them up to block everything and everyone out.

You ran until you felt like you couldn't anymore and then you pushed yourself even further. Running and cardio weren't your favorite form of exercise, you much preferred the weight room, but you hoped your hate for cardio would outweigh the anger you were feeling for a particularly upsetting blond. Finally, you stopped, your lungs burning with every breath you took, your muscles aching and your heart pounding in your chest.

Trying to catch your breath you walked back to your dorm, the sweat that coated your skin cooling you down. You still didn't feel like yourself, but it was better than what you'd felt before. Walking through the door you ran into your brother.

"Hey! I was just looking for you!" your brother smiled down at you, but the smile quickly disappeared when he saw your expression.

"I'm not really in the mood for anything right now, E"

"Understandable, we can talk about it later, but I do have something to ask you and then I'll leave you alone." He put his hands up to stop you from walking away.

You let out a sigh, "What is it?" Feeling your phone vibrate you automatically looked down to check the notification. It was from Bakugou.

Katsuki: We're talking tonight.

You scoffed to yourself, how dare he say it like a demand. After the commotion he caused he should at least have the decency to ask if you even want to see him. And at this moment you didn't. You looked up at your brother, only catching the end of his rambling.

"So, do you want to go on a date with Denki?"

"Huh?" You hadn't expected that to be his line of questioning. If you answered honestly you would have said no, but with the text you just received you would have done anything to get out of your room for the night. You hated the thought of using Denki like this, but you didn't think through your actions before you responded.

"Uh, I know it's not manly to send someone to ask for you but it's just that he's been asking a lot and-"

"Sure" you cut your brothers rambling short. He stopped giving you a confused look. "Tell him to meet me down here at like 6."

You didn't wait for a response and just left. You quickly made it to your room, went to shower and left before anyone could come and find you. You walked down the hall and found yourself in front of Jirou's door.  Knocking quickly, you waited a moment for her to open the door before you shoved yourself into her room.

"Hey!" she turned to look at you, "What's up with you?"

"Hurry up and close the door." You rushed your words, coming up behind her and closing the door.

"What is going on?" she looked at you like you were crazy.

You sat on her bed putting your head in your hands. "I've made a mistake."

She chuckled sitting next to you, "Tell me all about it."

So, you did. You told her about Bakugou's outburst, how he ruined your team's chances of getting the flag, his stupid text and lastly how you agreed to go on a date with Denki.