Chapter Four- I Hate You, Flashbacks, Knifes, and Love

IZZY'S DAGGER^

I stormed into the hallway. 

"You could have!" I yelled behind me. 

"But I didn't, so you can just-" I pulled my dagger out, effectively shutting him up. In my rage, I threw it, bullseye, into the actual eye of a painting. I jumped up to pull it up. 

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, aimed, and threw the knife right by Finn's shoe. 

He yelped. 

"You're seventeen, suck it up," I growled. He massaged his unhurt foot. I continued. "You're afraid of a psychotic sixteen-year-old." 

"You're an idiot! He doesnt love you, no one loves you!" Alexis screamed. 

"Get out! Cal, leave!" Isabelle yelled. Her last hope fled, and never came back. 

Alexis smiled. "Maybe that," she gestured to the running boy, "will teach you not to love," 

"I'm sorry," Isabelle meekly apologized. 

"Izzy?" Finn asked, stepping closer. 

"Get the hell away from me," I said in a shaky voice, remembering the last time I let someone touch me or speak to me...

"I love you," He had said. 

"I love you, too," Isabelle wiped the tears out of her eyes. 

"I'll never leave you," He promised. 

"I'll never leave you, too,"  Isabelle echoed. 

"And we'll never date anyone else." He added. 

~~~~~

"Cal!" Izzy screamed. 

"No, Lizzie," Her one true love, the only one she trusted, walked away from her. Rose walked up and kissed him. 

"Please," she begged, before sliding down the wall, crying. 

This was the last time she trusted, loved, needed someone. 

Cal had broken her. 

"What's wrong, Angel?" Finn asked. 

"Please don-"

"What the hell?" Atlas asked, walking in and seeing me on the floor. 

"She started screaming at me," Finn said, obviously confused. 

I spoke before Atlas could. 

"I'm a broken girl." I got up, brushed off my jeans, picked up my crutches, and started walking upstairs. 

I felt angry. At myself, Cal, Rose, my mother, the world. 

******

"No... no... no, Cal," This was not the first time I had dreamed of Cal. He tortured me, even though I hadn't seen him in years. 

Last night at dinner, I didn't talk, or when Atlas suggested a movie. 

"Wake up, Izzy," Finn shook me; he had somehow become my wake-up person. 

Couldn't I just get an alarm?

"No!" I screamed, waking up quickly as if I had ice water poured over me. 

I visibly shook. 

"El?" I looked over at Finn, upset but also glad he wasn't calling me Angel anymore. "Who's Cal?" I stared in shock.