15. Ugh, training

"Y/n, you're up early."
I passed Stephen on my wander through the building. He was fully dressed, fully awake. I sometimes wondered if that men ever slept.
"I did as you said, it worked."
"Clearly, it's good to see you so happy."
"I'm just enjoying my freedom while I still can. Loki made me aware you'll likely have me train today." I chuckled, pushing my hair away from my eyes.
"It was Loki's idea to have you train in the first place. I believe he's keen to have you fight along side him." A small smirk crawled on Stranger lips.
"I can hear your thoughts, Strange. Put your suspicions to rest, he is just my friend." I crossed my arms.
"Will you bet money on your words?"
His little eyebrow raise followed his question. I scoffed, knowing I couldn't answer that one easily.
"Can I continue my wander now?" I cocked my head at him.
He stood aside and gestured for me to walk past him, a smirk still occupying his lips.

"Morning kiddo." Tony was in the kitchen when I saw him.
"Morning Mr Stark."
"What is it with you kids and calling me that," He handed me a glass of water, "call me Tony."
"Who are you talking to Mr Stark- oh, hey Y/n." Peter basically jumped into the kitchen, full of energy. I suppose everyone here woke up early and energetic. Well, all except Loki.

The day passed on a few hours and everyone was up and running. Clint had taken Natasha and Bucky out for some observation stuff, Thor and Steve went out for grocery shopping, Wanda was training outside and I was hiding out in my room, avoiding Stephen. The knock on my door made my heart sink with dread. And rightfully so because as I suspected, Strange was at my door, ready to drag me to the training room. I went willingly, insuring to add a sigh or two on our way there.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" I questioned, swinging on my heals.
"You have issues with control, and I've been discussing with Tony and Loki, a way to prevent these issues." 
Loki and Tony, at that moment, joined us in the training room.
"And what was your conclusion?"
"Well," Tony approached me with a small, rectangular box in hand, "Sometimes the easiest way to control is to focus and hopefully this will help you."
He handed me the box, I looked up at Loki who had a knowing smile on his face. I stepped back and opened it.
Inside the box lay a blue silk cloth and wrapped in the cloth was a beautiful dagger. On the handles, it appeared to have the design of purple and gold leaves laced around it. The grip was perfectly sized for my hands and the blade felt strong but light.
"Look closely at the blade." Stephen instructed.
I did as he said and as I did, my heart beat a little quicker. Encrypted into the blade was the initials of all the avengers. With Tony at the top of the list and Loki at the bottom. I felt as if a warmth had surrounded my body, just the sight of the gift lifted my feet off the ground.
"I love it." I mumbled. Loki came beside me and lay his hand on my back for a brief moment.
"When you use your electricy, with this material, it wont back fire at you. The handle insures that."
"Another one of your designs?" I turned my head to face him.
Loki smiled, as if proud.
"Perhaps."
"You're too modest, Loki, it's a wonderful design, take credit." Stephen chuckled.
"I'm glad you like it, the others will be too." Loki's hand left my back as he stood beside Tony again.
"We'll leave you to train." Tony smiled.
"Betrayal." I dramatically grasped where my heart would be.
Everyone laughed, particularly Stephen.
"Just for that, I'll make you work overtime." He comented.
"Don't work her too hard." Loki smiled.
"Good luck, kid." And they were gone.