37. Reboot

"We just need to fix some of the engine, we should be back up in the air soon, as long as Y/n is up for it."

"I'm up for it." I called out.

Tony was discussing the damage with Steve as Loki stayed with me, making sure I rested.

It was dark and we were in the middle of a field of sorts. I was sat up against a tree and everyone else was surrounding the jet.

"You sure? Because if this has shaken you up too much we can wait for-"

"Tony, I'm okay. A little tired but I'm fine. Just focus on getting us back in the air." The thought of climbing back into the jet made my stomach turn but I couldn't show it.

The avengers got to work, helping each other lift and collect and move all the necessary bits and pieces.
Loki was using me as an excuse for not helping.

Whilst the others laboured, me and loki played with the grass beneath our hands.

"You were very cool just now." He smirked. I couldn't see it very clearly, the night didn't offer much clarity but I could make it out.

"I'm always cool, darling. You should know that." I returned the smirk. Yes, I was acting very confident. Loki brought that out of me, so you can't blame me.

"I suppose I should."

"Hey, got any power left inside you, kid?" Tony approached us.

"I, uh, yeah, sure." I stood up, "What do you need?"

"Can you power this back up?"

I walked towards the, now put together, jet and lay my hands on the front of it.

"Y/n, is this really a good idea?" Peter had that always familiar look of genuine fear and concern on his face.

"I did it once, I can do it again." Taking a deep breath, I pushed whatever scraps of energy were left inside of me and forwarded it to the jet.

My body emptied itself, my head felt light and my spine tolerated the shots of electricity that struck up and down it.

I tried to keep it up but instead, I fell down.

"Damn it," I got back up and rubbed my hands on the trousers. "Take two."

"Just- hold on, kid." Tony interrupted, "you'll knock yourself out with this."

"So be it. We have somewhere to be."

"Not at the expense of you, we don't." Stephen rose his hand objectively.

"It's not gonna kill me, just let me try."

"We just did." Natasha stated.

"Then let me try again."

"Y/n, let us figure out another way, alright?" Loki came by my side to reason with me.

I was not willing to find reason.

"One more try, please." I insisted.  They refused me again and again until I built up enough frustration to generate energy from that.

The wonders of the body and the wonders of my brain. It was a good plan.

Once I had enough built up anger, I channelled it into the jet. The power began to reach the engines and as expected, the jet came alive with it's eternally frustrating rumble.

"Well done me." I was very proud of myself and the fact that I was breathless on the floor with a terribly worried group of avengers around me didn't bother me one bit.